Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum>>>Your in the right place, lot of helpful folks around. Just let us know what those issues are per say.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
TW, welcome to GWOF.

Welcome and make yourself at home here. There are several others here, including me, with older models. You will find that we are family of sorts here so make yourself at home and use the search window above. Documents are not stored here but many common problems or topics have been discussed. You won't even have to wait for a response as many questions have already been answered.

Why don't you fill in a little info in your signature so when you ask a question, all can see what bike, year etc. you are asking about.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from way down south in Texas. I'm very happy to report it's 75 degrees and RAINING!!! The 40 day streak of over 100 degrees is over!

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum from way down south in Texas. I'm very happy to report it's 75 degrees and RAINING!!! The 40 day streak of over 100 degrees is over!
So glad to hear that, I was getting worried that you folks wouldn't ever get relief.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What kind of issues are you having with the wing.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from the state of Maryland

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello twl253, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I started on a '81 then had an '84 before the '94 & the '08. There is a LOT of experience available around here & a LOT of friendly folks too!

I have already installed several accessories, which is new territory for me, with the help of hints on this forum. Probably saved hundreds of $ already!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Lots of folks on here with early Wings that I'm sure can help. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Not many people like going down the road I have. If I think it could play up, it gets replaced. I was on this forum for months before I
brought a bike and learnt a lot. This is what I have done.
Replaced front and rear tires. The rubber had gone hard. A new battery.
Fork seal was leaking, repaced seals. Then kicked myself for being a cheap skate. They still leaked. Forks rechromed and new seals. While the front was clear [easier to work on] replace the belts.
Cleaned up the 30amp fuse next to the battery.
Pulled the motor and replaced stator, starter, clutch. Replaced all fluids.
Now it is the 11th. hour in that next week we are leaving for a 2500 mile trip and the motor is in place but not in. Got to go or I will not be going next week. Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
The only thing I'm aware of, that has been a constant problem with the 1200s, is the stator. If the wires connecting it have been soldered, you will be less likely to have a problem. Some folks just keep the connector clean and have had good luck with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Southern California!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts