Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this forum and not yet a legitimate member.
Currently I am an ST1300 rider and am real serious about purchasing a 2010 new Goldwing.
Anyone out there that has made this type of switch and can be a bit helpfull with regards the type of ride, handling etc.
I will make the switch however, every bit of input helps.
Thanks in advance and I hope I will enjoy this site as much as the the St1300 Forum.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome from Texas. I just made the switch from a Triumph Rocket lll that I really loved. The increased riding pleasure that the Wing has brought to my wife made the trade worth it. I think you'll enjoy the sport bike like handling of the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Others have made the switch and I'm sure they are glad they did. They may chime in here shortly. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I went from an old 80 Honda CB750 to Wings. I'm sure you will love the bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello zakzozeen, welcome to GWOF. most of us got a wing after riding another bike

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I went from a Honda CM400 to the Wing. I never made a better choice in my riding experience.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome along zakzozeen. I along with a cople others here moved from the ST1300 to an 1800. I thought I'd miss the braking of the ST but I don't, the GL's binders (my ST didn't have ABS and my Wing does) are great. I thought I'd miss the straight line performance and I don't actually. I also thought the Wing would feel big compared to the ST but it doesn't (I'd owned a 1200 and a 1500 in the past). Another thing I don't miss about the ST is the real life threat of getting tossed in the klink for outlandish speeds which the ST is certainly capable of. I still ridee outside the legal envelope more often than I should, but so far (touch wood) all that's happened is a couple friendly reminders by way of the bubblgum machine indicating to turn the wick down some. Mrs certainly likes the rear seating much better. Besides, you can spend way more money on farkles for a Wing:cool:

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Pa. I started with a 1300 VTX ,rode it for 5 years until I decided I needed a larger bike. I bought the Wing and had very little growing pains. The biggest difference was the weight. I still have the VTX but I don't ride it much,the Wing is just to nice to let it sit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi
I am new to this forum and not yet a legitimate member.
Currently I am an ST1300 rider and am real serious about purchasing a 2010 new Goldwing.
Anyone out there that has made this type of switch and can be a bit helpfull with regards the type of ride, handling etc.
I will make the switch however, every bit of input helps.
Thanks in advance and I hope I will enjoy this site as much as the the St1300 Forum.
Welcome to the forum!! You will enjoy this site, guaranteed!!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts