Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just a quick intro before I start posting around don't want to be rude.:D Anyway the wife and I are aboard an 89 1500 that is a in progress project. She's solid mechanically with fresh legs under her. the progressive springs are definately worth every penny. All I need now is a replacement cassette and fix the cruise and reverse the rest will be real easy from there. I ride her 98% of the time and my wife is the fair weather passenger. I've only had the 89 for a year but put 8000 in that time. I've been riding since I was 7,licensed at 15 owned many different makes stayed with H-D for 12 years and now happiest on this old 1500.:cool:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey all,
Just a quick intro before I start posting around don't want to be rude.:D Anyway the wife and I are aboard an 89 1500 that is a in progress project. She's solid mechanically with fresh legs under her. the progressive springs are definately worth every penny. All I need now is a replacement cassette and fix the cruise and reverse the rest will be real easy from there. I ride her 98% of the time and my wife is the fair weather passenger. I've only had the 89 for a year but put 8000 in that time. I've been riding since I was 7,licensed at 15 owned many different makes stayed with H-D for 12 years and now happiest on this old 1500.:cool:
Welcome to the fold. I am a relatively new member myself and I can attest to the fact that this is a nice board to belong to. Enjoy the stay and we like pics. Enjoy:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics to come soon. The old girl's a lil nasty after the work and riding to and from a friends shop in the rain. Thanks for the welcome hopefully I can bring along 2 more to the group soon......

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Glad you found us. Good folks and information on here. Ride safe and stay in touch..

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello 89gl, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
The cruise issue maybe as simple as the switch on the clutch not closing when the clutch is out. You might listen real close when you squeeze the clutch. It should just barely move and you hear a click. There is also one on the break lever. Both lever must be able to go all the way to their stops with out any aid. Next time you are on the bike, push out on one then try to set the cruise if it don't set try the other. It could be either one of these is not making contact or is dirty.
Just some place to start.
Again Welcome from the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ron. I was just outside looking into it. The brake switch seems to be working good but the clutch switch barely clicks I'm going to look at it and see. Might have gotten lucky would love to have cruise for those looong rides.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome from another central Texan and newby to the forum.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome 89GL. Thought I posted a welcome yesterday, but maybe that was on another planet I visit once in a while:D

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Welcome from Maine,,,,,,,,enjoy the site.......

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :) great people here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts