Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going on a cross country trip the summer of 2012 and I think I want a Goldwing for the trip. keep hearing about a new design coming out but nobody seems to have much info. I'm struggling with deciding to buy now or wait for the "new" Goldwing. There are sure a lot of good deals out there for brand new 2009-10 Goldwings. Does anyone have any news about the new design or is it just a few new features on the same current bike?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Hi Bdale and welcome to GWOF

We have our very own, honest to God, Honda dealer here and he says........

NOTHING, NADA, PAS DU TOUT

about the 2012 except that Honda is absolutely terrific when it comes to keeping a secret.

It really boils down to whether you want to enjoy next summer at a discount or wait to find out if it was worth the wait.

After 12 years of the same model we all are hoping for something more than just a windshield wiper but who knows with the economy the way it is.

I am sure the real messager of the no message will arrive soon to welcome you and talk about.....well.......something.

As you didn't ask for my opinion, here it is.

Buy an 07 or 8 at a discount that has truly been babied. Get your wings goin' next year and then see the 2012 when it gets here. You can sell the old one (trading a great summer for just a little coin as it has already depreciated or keep it because it is just that good of a ride)

BTW-someone here has one used many here would give their left #$%# to own. Might want to check it out. He is one of our best answer guys on this forum when someone has a tech question. No doubt it is as good or better than new. Look thru a few threads and you will see who it is.

Either way, good luck to ya and if you should happen to buy this bike, you owe me a steak dinner for a finders fee. (that probably sounds obnoxious but then, you haven't seen it yet).

Welcome again and good luck with the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
L2R is spot on with his advise. Gitty Up Go & do some riding. Some mighty nice Wings out there including "That Titanium One". By the way My little Lady & I just did our Cross Country this year. That's where we saw my buddy below, 29 Days & posted to the site. Do a search & maybe you can get some ideas if you need them.

Good Luck & welcome to the GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Good luck on your decision. The guys seem to have given you some good advice already. Enjoy the forum. There are a lot of good folks and info on here. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Dealers in our area are still selling brand new 2008's..........Check around you might get a real good deal........

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I can tell you this bdale1, the 2012 is going to be somewhat new, but Honda reps tell me it's more cosmetic than anything; a facelift if you will. I couldn't even get them to say whether it would have an electric adjuster on the windscreen or an update on the Navi. The exec I spoke with did say that the 2012 was ahead of schedule and would be released earlier than predicted. Just what that means is anyone's guess. They did tell me that while they were doing all they could to keep the prices down on the 2012 model, there WOULD be a price increase due to the production costs in the new plant in Hamamatsu. Just how much remains to be seen. With the carry-over on the 2010 models and non-current dealer inventories, that's where the bargains will be for the next year for sure. There isn't much on the web yet for spy pics or artist renderings, but it shouldn't take too long before something leaks. However, Honda is better at keeping things under wraps than lots of other camps.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Crap, I'll throw it out there to help both you and a long time respected member. Joe in California has a sweet ride that I'd almost trade my better half in for.
I'll take my turn in the penalty box if necessary :(.
Strat

·
Registered
402 Posts
New country + new factory + new design + new employees = new problems! (JMHO) Stick with a proven design and spend the money you'll save on farkles!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello bdale1 and welcome to GWOF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts