Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just joined up , been a winger for 14 yrs
i have a gl 1500
thinking of getting a 1800 or do i wait until 2011?
see what changes there is

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the board from the Keystone state. If your waiting for a 2011 you may be waiting a while. Rumors fly all over about the new Wing. Some say we won't see a 2011 at all, that Honda will go for a 2012 model. Only time and Mother Honda will tell. I had a 98 GL1500 and moved up to a 2009 GL1800 and love it. I think you would like the 1800 as well, but if you can and want to wait, enjoy the 1500 and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Keystone of the country gasmark. Who knows what the new Wings will hold in store. I would have a hard time getting rid of my 1500 though I can tell you. I just love this bike. Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I'll trade you my 1800 for your 1500. It needs to be pearl white though , so the wife doesn't notice.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF gasmark

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
How-ya gasmark! I wouldn't bank on too many changes for 2011, but then with Honda you never know for sure. Personally, opther than a couple nit picks, I don't know what I'd want to see in my 1800. Electric windscreen for sure.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the board, Honda announced that there will not be a 2011 Gold Wing, The 20102 will come from their new plant in Japan. The 2009 and 2010 were made in advance and the only difference was colors. Wait until the 2012 comes out if you get a new Wing, IF there are any changes it will probably be then. Honda starting up a new production line it seems likely that if they were going to change something they would do it then, In 2012 the 1800 will be 11 years old. The 1500 was around for 12 years so it might be time for a 2000CC bike. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Howdy gasmark from The Great State of Texas.....We look forward to chatting with ya.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome gasmark. As I recall, the new '09/'10 has a tire pressure monitor and satellite radio - the only two differences from my 2008 GL1800. I don't need either of those new additions.

I recall reading a piece about the remaking of the goldwing in 2001 and the R&D people said they tested an eight cylinder vs. the six cylinder and they stayed with the six because they said they could not justify the added weight of the eight. The piece said the added weight caused the side effect of less mpg for the machine and a more sluggish feel and tougher handling. The piece said the six cylinder engine had the most bang for the buck in mpg, quicker response and better handling for the majority of people. A lot of people just won't be able to handle the extra weight of a 2000 or 2200cc.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they handle those issues stated above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts