Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Honda goldwing interstate
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just bought a 1985 Honda goldwing interstate and am in process of getting it back up and running it had been sitting since 2017 and the key had gone missing so I found someone to make me one I’m just waiting for it to arrive. She’s got some issues but I think I can get her repaired and back on the road! I just wanted to say hi!

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Wish you luck on your project and enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1985 Honda goldwing interstate
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Wish you luck on your project and enjoy the ride.
Thank you I’m from maine I got my key today and used my jumper pack looks like lights all work the starter Solenoid clicked but it didn’t turn over so idk im good nba wait for the jumper pack to change

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have several members here that are familiar with the classic Wings should you have questions.

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
65 Posts
Hello all just bought a 1985 Honda goldwing interstate and am in process of getting it back up and running it had been sitting since 2017 and the key had gone missing so I found someone to make me one I’m just waiting for it to arrive. She’s got some issues but I think I can get her repaired and back on the road! I just wanted to say hi!
Give her a lot of love, she's obviously worthy, and has found a loving home...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome fellow 1200 owner. I've had my 87 since 06, and have had very little issues with it....well until early this year. I had to do the stator, as well as the clutch, but that is not the bikes fault. I've been doing slow speed practicing, and that is a bit hard on a 70k clutch.
Right now I am waiting for a new seal. During the last practice, my drive shaft seal let loose, so I have another small project ahead of me. Another couple of hours of parts removal, to change a $10 part.
I don't mind, she is worth every bit of my time, on it, or tinkering.
Oh yeah, she charges correctly now, I had to do the ground relay trick to keep it from over charging.
So needless to say, I am available for any questions regarding a few repairs you might encounter involving our 1200.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome fellow Mainah.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So, click the three little dots over there in the same line as "Discussion Starter" and it will pop up the option to edit and you can fix spelling mistakes. Saved me many times.

I see you've already modified your profile to add your location. You can hover over (or click on) the picture or name and see my location info as Windham.

Reactions: HertyGirty

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Central MS. I have a 75, 77, and a 2015. Great fun.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome from sunny Tucson, Az.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts