Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...Just got a new 2010 wing and loving every minute.
I live in Tamarac, Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). Anyone on here knows of any groups or individuals looking to ride, let me know. I also would like some feedback regarding floorboards. I was told by 2 different mechanics that installing them would void the transmission warranty if anything happened. Has anyone heard that and has anyone had any problems with theirs. Enjoying the ride :D

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Never heard that about the floor boards for and 1800. I have heard that they reduce your ground clearance. Have said that I have them on my 1500 and love them.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Pa and congrats on your Wing purchase. I believe he is referring to a heel/toe shifter that goes with the floorboards. A lot of riders have them on their Wings and have not had transmission problems. Others have them and if a problem occurs they take them off and put the stock stuff on and then go to the dealer.. Not saying I agree with any of the above just passing along what I've heard...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
welcome to GWOF. It's the heel/toe shifter that some dealers will give you grief over. I've never checked directly on the warranty issue TBH.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello itngchef, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome from Texas. I had a heel & toe shifter with floorboards on my VTX1300 and never had any problems. I have pegs and highway pegs on the Wing. The leg position on the Wing took a bit of time to get use to, but it's very comfortable now, especially being able to stretch out on the highway pegs. Can't comment on the warranty issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts