Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I go by Hoss (it's my Cowboy Action Shooting alias) and live in extreme SE Kansas. Some of my hobbies are shooting (some competitive and a bunch recreational), photography and RVing. I had a much smaller motorcycle long ago (Honda CB 450) that the wife and I enjoyed riding but went into business and didn't have time any more. Been semi-retired now for awhile and had been wanting to get another bike but already have a $30,000 bass boat/yard decoration and didn't feel like I needed another one but heard about this older Goldwing and decided it may be just what I was looking for. It's a 1987 Goldwing Interstate with 52,000 miles and I got it for $2500.00 which I felt was a pretty good price plus I won't feel bad if I don't end up riding much. Bike appears to be in great shape. Here are a few pictures:

Probably not the smartest thing buying a motorcycle in December, but it was available now so went ahead and did it. Been a long time since I rode (about 32 years) and again, that was a much smaller bike. Glad I only had to ride it about 6 miles from where I bought it to home. Not sure what was making me shake more -- me being rusty or the 24 degree temperature but I managed to get home without killing myself. I have a heel/toe shifter ordered and moved the seat back as far as it will go today which should make things a bit more comfortable as I'm a bit large at 6'6" and we won't discuss my weight other than to say that I come by the nickname Hoss honestly.

Sure hope you all don't mind a newbie asking questions as I'll probably have more than my fair share and am looking forward to you sharing your experience and expertise with me.

Well, that's about all there is. Looking forward to being a member here.

Hoss

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Hoss welcome to the forum from Scotland the guys on site will give you plenty tips they are a good bunch here.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF cvhoss, good lookin' set of wheels ya got there

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Nice looking Wing. Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Once the weather breaks you will want to be out on that bike a lot more. Enjoy and ride safe and often...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Great looking steed Hoss. Not trying to be picky, but it looks like the previous owner may have mounted the highway boards upside downy. Or it could be just my winter bleary eyesight LOL:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking steed Hoss. Not trying to be picky, but it looks like the previous owner may have mounted the highway boards upside downy. Or it could be just my winter bleary eyesight LOL:D
I never thought about it, but you're probably right. The guy who had it before me was fairly small in stature. I believe that was one of the reasons he was selling it because it turned out to be a bit more than he could wrestle around. Given his short leg reach, he may have mounted them with the wide portion down to take advantage of the full width of the board as he probably couldn't get his foot on it completely. Another thing on my list of "things to do".

Hoss

1 - 8 of 8 Posts