Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! thanks for letting me hangout on your forum!
I live in Portland, OR and have been riding for 20 years. I ride mostly vintage Japanese street and dirtbikes on the track and on the street. I love all motorcycles.

A friend and I are starting a machine shop and one of our first projects is making billet hex head fork caps for 37mm GL1000 forks. Made from 6061 aluminum with new rubber O-rings. These solve the common problem of the recessed allen head on stock fork caps, using instead a 26mm hex bolt cap, and they look great. Rotary tumbled to remove all machine marks, then the exposed surfaces have been rouge polished. For a show-quality shine, you'll need to finish them up with some Mother's or white buffing compound. Crafted in Portland, Oregon.
We are tying to see if there is a market for these and other Goldwing parts. We're also wondering what else we can make on our 3 axis cnc machine; thinking about 1100 fork caps with the air adjusters, or caps with preload adjusters. What else do people need?

happy riding!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,893 Posts
How about making an oil filter adapter for the pre-1988 Wings?

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
Welcome to GWOF dan-wing, whatcha ridin? BTW you have mail:D

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
11,026 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. You will be a handy man to have around here. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts