Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from down south in Louisiana.I'm about to get rid of my Harley E Glide.Friend has an '85 Goldwing I'm thinking of buying.Paint is around 2 years old,nice.Seems like a solid bike.Nothing major wrong.Little rough,little polish here and there.Around 26 thousand miles.Right mirror is missing,nothing to bad.Took it for a quick spin,started great ran good.Must say the pick up is much faster than my 96 inch harley.He is asking 3 thousand.Any help good or bad? thanks Jack

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello jack, welcome to GWOF. as long as the stator is good you shouldn't have any problems with an older wing

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Jack. I hope you all made through the storm. What part of Louisiana...I have to be in Alexandria and Oakdale on a regular basis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for info,will offer 2,500.Might bite on that.
i live in Kinder,work in Lake Charles.Little rain little wind, typical Louisiana bad day.Others to the east did not weather as well.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome to the site. Loved my 1200 and put many years and many many miles.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to GWOF.
Like the good Doctor said check into the stator and see if it has been taken care of. The one weak spot on the 1200.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Stay dry and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and congratulations on your nu2u Classic Wing! Glad to hear you came through the storm OK. While my eventual goal is a GL1500, I sure do enjoy riding my GL1200!:)

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. I hope you work out a good deal for yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts