Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today! Excited to learn from the experts! I am not yet a gold wing owner- I have a 2006 ST1300 I have owned for about 4 years. However, I intend to purchase a new-style gold wing within a week. So- based on that, My first question to the group (yay!)

I intend to purchase a left-over 2018 Tour DCT. Is there any reason why I would lose anything in the 2018? Meaning, should I buy a 2019, or a 2020? It is my understanding they are all "the same" bike... Thoughts?

I have heard the firmware flash has recently been upgraded. Will the 2020 flash work in the 2018 gold wing?

What about factory recalls? What do I need to know?

Finally- Ive heard arguments about the front suspension- the shock bumper thing. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,336 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've heard there are some updates with the 2020 models, but I'm not sure what all they are. The members that have the 2018s seem to be happy with the front suspension as it is.

·
Super Moderator
9,586 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. You will probably get some input from the 2018-2019 owners on your questions. From what I've seen most are very happy with their Wings..

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Other "18" owners should be along to put in there two cents worth. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am guessing that most of our 2018 model riders are out riding. Be patient, they will respond shortly.

·
Super Moderator
28,043 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ, and as Bob said "holiday weekend". We will no doubt see some responses in a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts