Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all fellow Goldwing enthusiast.

I have decided to re-join the Goldwing internet community since a long absence.

A bit of my history.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid. My older brother fixed them, and I'd get to ride them on occasion.

My first exposure to a Goldwing was when my brother brought home a 1977 1000. (Black with blue/gold trim)

Later, in the 80s when I worked in La Crosse, WI, I managed to find another just like it. I was always tinkering with it, could never get it to run right, but it was good enough to get me hooked.

Now, I ride 1200s. My favorite ride is an '84. It started life as an Aspencade. But I removed the trunk and saddlebags, found a rear fender and chrome from an '84 standard. and got everything painted a nice metalic blue. I removed the air-shocks and air pump, and installed coiled rear shocks. It scoots nicely.

When I worked in La Crosse.. I actually established the very first (that I know of) Goldwing web site. It was fun.

I do a bunch of mechanical work on mine. I recently completed a stator replacement on my '87 Aspy. I've done those before.

In the spring, I hope to start to ride my latest custom creation. An '85 with the chamelion color shifting paint. It's all done. I just need to clean the carbs and it'll be ready for the road.

Anywho.. I look forward to conversing with everyone.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello vmsguy, welcome to GWOF. sounds like you did some great custom work on your wing, post some pic's and let the rest of us see it

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Welcome and yes we love pics.

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Pa. Glad you found us...

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I look forward to your photos and stories on repairs.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Nice to see ya! Pics man, pics!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
7,612 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Would like to see pics of the color changing 1985 Wing, that sound nice.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Welcome back to Wings and the GWOF!

Look forward to seeing your Wing!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa.

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Greetings from another Keystoner.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Very Nice! Sleek and understated. That's the way I like them, too. Let the performance speak for itself!

You've got me really curious about this "chameleon" look you've produced. I'm not a paint guy, but curious how you produce a "shifting" finish. Looking forward to seeing those pics, too.

Congratulations, Brother! You've got SKILLS!

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Very nice bike. Welcome from NW Oklahoma.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.