1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i actually have 2 goldwings:

a 1985 with 68k miles

and a 1994 with 188k miles.

i have a question, the '94 runs good but blows out smoke, i Think it is a blue hue (signifying oil) however just out of curiosity how common is it for the goldwing to blow a headgasket? and also is it usually rings causing oil seeping through or do these have valve boots like a chevy? (sorry i'm a newb to the goldwing thing, but i do like how it rides!)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF azgoldwing. is this happening all the time or just on startup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey,
it smoked REALLY bad when i drove it home. but since then i found out it's been sitting for over a year. now it just puffs out a little smoke on higher revs, smokes on side stand and upright. coolant is clean, oil is clean. it's just simply some blowby, i was alarmed when i first drove it but it's cleaned up 95%. i've only put 3 miles on it. i think i'm going to sell my '85 for $1600 if you guys know anyone (i'm in phoenix). the '94 just has way more toys on it than the 85!

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
azgoldwing: I should be comming out to Phoenix in mid March. The folks live in Sun City. I rent a Harley from Arrowhead in Peoria and do a couple day trips. I'm going to check on Goldwing rentals this time. Like to do a day trip south to Tombstone, etc. Wouldn't mind a tour guide..........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first thought that comes to my mind is, only ride a bike here if you're ready to die.

second thought is, while that sounds fun, beyond giving a tour of impound yards in the valley, i don't know much more beyond that haha. i don't get out to often besides my regular places.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Nice rides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts