Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I currently ride an '06 Honda ST1300ABS and have done several multi-thousand mile tours on it. I love my ST; however, my wife is starting to take an interest in being a passenger and is not exactly real comfortable on the rear of my ST, even with the new Stealth backrest on. Thus, I am entertaining the idea of moving from the Porsche (my ST1300) to a Cadillac (Goldwing). I joined this forum to learn more about Goldwings, what problems they may have and what long-term Goldwing riders suggest via the forums, etc.

Ride safe! ATGATT

Bill

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. You have come to the right place for information on the Wing. Lots of nice folks on here and good information. Enjoy the site and ride safe.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canada parkerbill. You can find darn near anything you want to know about the virtues of a Wing on this forum. I call my wife Velcro cause everytime I look around, she's stuck on the back seat. I think I may have taken the Wing out twice by myself in many years. It feels more natural with a passenger.
Good hunting and ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Welcome Bill. Good people & discussion here. Your wife will love you for a Wing & you will love riding with your wife.

That's just another Fossil prediction.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF bill

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from another Canuck, Bill. Was exactly where you are two years ago. Very little performance difference when it comes right down to it, about a quarter secong in the 1/4 mi (yeah, I know that's forever on the strip) and the brakes are amazing. Other than the extra weight you'll be shocked at how the Wings perform (1800's that is, 1500's are certainly no slouch either). I'd say a good comparo would be a C6 vette (ST) vs a CTS4 (GL)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts