Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All, Have a quick question for my 09 CNavABS Wing. I used to have an 82 1100 - I have 8600 on the 09 and wondering what the "REAL" expected gas mileage should be? Many friends and other folks are addament that we should get low 40's all the time. So what do you all get on average?

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
I'm sure the 1800 guys will start weighing on your question. I wanted to just say welcome & since I have a 1500 I am not in your category however I get around the 40 mark unless I take the bike over 70 mph & than it drops off significantly.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF profs telescope, sorry i'm on a 1500 too. light touch and short shifting gets me in the mid-40's

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the site, I too have a 1500 ave. about 38-42 mpg, good luck with your new machine.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. I have 4,500 miles on my 09 GL1800 and have consistantly gotten over 40 mpg. The average is probably around 42 and the best I got was 49 on a leasure ride on back roads in the fall. The mileage does tend to drop at higher speeds (70+)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I have a 08 GL 1800 and I am like Two Wheel Wing getting over 40 mpg thats good for a Big Boy like me

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Oh and Welcome to the site still working on my first cup of coffee

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi and welcome Prof. I get an average of 48 mpg Cdn, works out to about 39 US. I do have a tendency to ride a bit 'spirited', and most of the guys I ride with are on Harleys so they are always pushing to exercise their "superiority" over my Jap bike LOL. I don't often get rammy and dust them off, but it does happen once in a while.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts