Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
Well,here goes nothing.
I was looking for help with my GL 1800 and found this site. In reading the posts it sounds like the right place to be with good people.

I am an oldster. I got my cycle liscence in 1976 before I took a car driving test.
I had 3 Honda bikes before I ever bought a car, and then only because the snow was 3 feet deep. 2.5 feet and I would not have bothered with a car.
My first car was a Honda 600 SEDAN & I still have it. My bike (now) has 3 times the engine that the sedan has.
(wish the 1800 was in the sedan)(WOW). :rolleyes:

My wife rides her 1985 LTD GoldWing (when she cant steal mine) and I love my blue 01 Gl 1800.

Today she anounced that she wants mine perminantly! But I cant give it to her until I fix 1 problem that it has. The intercom/radio/mike wont work in either helmets.

If I get it fixed & give the 01 to her, you know what that means!:D I can get a 2011.

:eek:Help a brother rider out.
Baddad_is_me

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello baddad, welcome to GWOF. you'll be looking for a 2011 wing for a long time, they were never made only 2010's and now 2012's

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Hope your wife convinces you to give her your bike..... Nice folks on here, so ride safe and enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state. Hurry up and get the stuff fixed so you can get a new one :) The things we do for our wife's.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I had the same problem with my headset and the connection at the adapter cable needed pushed in farther. Finicky little connectors.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard baddad is me. Also check your settings, it's easy to push the wrong button whenyou're trouble shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Hello baddad from Texas. Beautiful city, Portland. Was up there two years ago and really enjoyed the time.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome to the bunch. Honda 600 Sedan huh? Had one of those myself. Brown, 2 cylinder, shifter on the dash and no radio. Traded it in on a Civic. The good ole days. Maybe somebody here can help you with the blown fuse problem. Did I say fuse? Welcome aboard from drought stricken, wild fire burnin, wind blowin Texas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello and welcome to the forum. I had the same problem with my headset and the connection at the adapter cable needed pushed in farther. Finicky little connectors.
I tried the connector cables, all the combinations. But it is in both helmets.
I Traded cables / helmets with another bike that worked, and got no sounds with them either.
I had been using the intercom controls before this happened. Intercom on, indicator light shows intercom, volume is up, mute is off. Nothing!
I mean not a sound. It’s like they are not there at all. I hear no clicks or even static.
• I was told that the radio unit/intercom is one unit; the intercom cannot have a disconnected connection? Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
• I could not find a intercom fuse! If there is one can someone tell me where that fuse might be?
• Does anyone have a better idea for the problem before I get charged $2300 for a radio/intercom unit & labor by the dealer?

Baddad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts