Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently bought a 2010 Titanium comfort Wing. So far I luv it. I have a few mods on the way.
CB, ipod interface, Armrest for wife, Utopia backreast, etc... I am looking foward to nice long comfortable rides on my new wing.

I also have a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14. Longest ride on it was 680 miles in one day. I plan on keeping this bike.

Monty

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Monty welcome & you will have nice long comfortable rides that's for sure. Ride safe you & your missus

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I envy your locale Vegas Rider. I'm a Southwest lover stuck in Virginia soil. Please feel free to post some picture of your ride and your rides.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF monty

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state and congrats on your brand new Wing. Putting a lot of farkles on a Wing seems only natural in Vegas... Add some lights too...... I was through your town only once, back in 89. I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Hope to get back there someday on my Wing. Fossil might be headed your way this year. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Monty and good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everone for the warm welcome. I am joining a fellow worker this weekend to go to a club meeting on Sunday. After we plan on riding out to lake mead. Should be nice but may be windy.

On a different note what are farkles?

Monty

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Monty, Farkles are the add ons that we all put on our bikes after we buy them. Now for my money this a is a topic that should be broken down into 2 categories. Useless & Functional.

The useless farkles would be Chrome trim pieces, yada yada yada

The functional farkles would be backrest, highway pegs, bellpans, etc etc etc.

That's the way I see it. As you can tell this ole fossil isn't in to Useless Farkles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fossil - Thanks for the explanation of Farkles. I have agree with you about what I put on my bikes. If is non functional I won't put it on. I like the stock look.

Chopin - No they still have not opened the bridge. Also there is still alot of road construction and delays. You could always go through Laughlin.

Monty

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
No they still have not opened the bridge. Also there is still alot of road construction and delays. You could always go through Laughlin.
Now that you brought this up. The little lady & I are going to be out there in June. One of the things we want to do is go to the Dam. Any tips? Yes we will be on the Wing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fossel,
The Dam tour is really interesting. I have taken it several times and always enjoy it. I would go down to the dam as early as possible to avoid the crowds and most of all the HEAT. If you wear full gear I hope you have a mesh jacket and drink plenty of water. This should help alot.

Early morning and late evening are best that time of the year.

Monty

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Monty. Ride Safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts