Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to introduce myself. I live in NW Ill and own a 1994 Aspencade. Unfortunately currently having problems with it bogging under load :mad:. When accelerating (most noticable in 4th and 5th gear) I can open the choke and it would take off like I just hit a nitrous switch. Any way hopefully I will be able to fix the problem and have better things to post.
BK

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Welcome aboard! I can't offer any suggestions to help with your problem but I am sure somebody can and will. Might be a good idea to start a separate post outside of the Intro section. Anyway... Hello from Miami :)

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Welcome from Down Under.

From what you have said, I think you need to clean the carbs. If the carb are cleaned and synchronized and it still hesitates start looking at the timing not advancing. A problem with the ECM: I have one of those go on a different bike and it got worst when the motor got hot. I don't know of anyway to test them. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Good to have you. Illinois is beginning to populate our forum here, unlike Virginia and Tasmania. Now where are those 1500 monkey wrench gurus when you need them ?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello b_knight, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome 99, I too live in NW Il. Carroll county, how close are we?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the board from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks on here. We all seem to play well together in the sand box....

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along B Knight99. Sounds a bit like a clogged jet to me. One of my buddies had that happen to his '89 and that's what solved the issue.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Like Larry Said, run some Sea Foam through it. A few ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil has also been know to Clean out the Carbs.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome. I'll try posting outside of the intro after trying Larry's suggestion on the use of SeaFoam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll give the seafoam a try, I don't think the carbs are gummed up but one never knows. I started before I stored it for the winter. I'll see what happens......thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Hello and welcome, b_knight99. Great group here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 93 with almost same problem. Tried the Sea Foam...no go
It acts like it suddenly lost power of is starved for gas, work the throttle a little and it responds. I am pretty resigned to doing a carb job. Anybody suggest a kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Carb Job ??

Thanks Gravel Pounder. I will start with easy solutions first and work up the ladder. I will post my results. Your input is helpful though in the event I do need to work up the ladder to resolve my problem. it gives me insight on what I may need to do. Thanks :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts