Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just joined with the intention of learning all I can about the Goldwing. I plan on buying a Wing this year and hope to meet some new riding friends and learn which Wing is right for me.

Spain Davis III
(Bandito Loco)

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard, you came to the right place. Good luck on your search for a wing.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi bandito, welcome to the site. All the best from Canada.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi all,
I just joined with the intention of learning all I can about the Goldwing. I plan on buying a Wing this year and hope to meet some new riding friends and learn which Wing is right for me.

Spain Davis III
(Bandito Loco)
WELCOME!!!

Good decisions, both on the choice of the forum and rides. Hang around and ask questions, you will make plenty of friends while improving your knowledge of wings, among other things. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
You are looking for info? We have info here. Just sit back, grab a coffee & sift through the topics. Just remember there is a bit of nonsense once & a while but it's all in good fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello bandito loco, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Glad you found us. Good luck on your Wing search.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome bandito, Yup, get stuck in and enjoy

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Bandito, welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Welcome from Down Under. Hope you get all the info that will help you. Eric

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome Bandito. I'm just up the road here from you. What do you want to know about Goldwings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome Bandito. I'm just up the road here from you. What do you want to know about Goldwings?
Well to start with I am trying to decide if I need an 1800 or if an older 1500 would do what I want. Money being the biggest obstacle right now. Is it worth the time and money to buy a 1500 and upgrade the suspension to handle better? or should I just bite the bullet and get an 1800. Is there any things on the 1500's that I should look out for? Are the latest model 1500's the best? I know I can get the suspension dialed in at Traxxion but will it handle as good as an 1800? What about brakes? Are upgrades necessary for fast paced riding? What is the weight difference and width difference? Comfort for me and passenger? Accessories? Dang I am rambling here. maybe I could meet you one day and we could chat a little. I work in Ballground. Where in N. Ga. are you? PM me if you want. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well to start with I am trying to decide if I need an 1800 or if an older 1500 would do what I want. Money being the biggest obstacle right now. Is it worth the time and money to buy a 1500 and upgrade the suspension to handle better? or should I just bite the bullet and get an 1800. Is there any things on the 1500's that I should look out for? Are the latest model 1500's the best? I know I can get the suspension dialed in at Traxxion but will it handle as good as an 1800? What about brakes? Are upgrades necessary for fast paced riding? What is the weight difference and width difference? Comfort for me and passenger? Accessories? Dang I am rambling here. maybe I could meet you one day and we could chat a little. I work in Ballground. Where in N. Ga. are you? PM me if you want. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.
A meet is entirely possible. I have a Ball Ground mailing address but live just off 369 outside of Lathemtown. I'm almost a stones throw from the intersection of 369 and 372. I have a GL1000 that I rode for over 20 years which I am going to restore. I have a 98 Aspencade that I rode for over 10 years and I have an 08 Goldwing which I have had for about 10 months. I love them all. I also have a friend who used to build trikes for Champion that can answer a lot of your questions as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A meet is entirely possible. I have a Ball Ground mailing address but live just off 369 outside of Lathemtown. I'm almost a stones throw from the intersection of 369 and 372. I have a GL1000 that I rode for over 20 years which I am going to restore. I have a 98 Aspencade that I rode for over 10 years and I have an 08 Goldwing which I have had for about 10 months. I love them all. I also have a friend who used to build trikes for Champion that can answer a lot of your questions as well.
Wow. I work off airport rd. About a mile south of E. Cherokee off Hwy. 5 from your house. Would be easy to meet for dinner or something after work one day or I could come by on a weekend easily. I have been working 6 days a week for a month now so i am up there alot. When is convenient for you? I work 7-5 monday thru sat lately.
Spain

·
Registered
129 Posts
Been riding all weekend. I sent you an email with contact information. Let's talk Goldwings.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Come on in, sit down, prop your feet up and enjoy the forum. Glad to have you aboard. From deep in the heart of Texas we welcome you. Isaac:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts