Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I moved from France to Austin, Texas 4 years ago and just bought my first Goldwing.:D I have been riding motorbikes for 30+ years.
I raced motorcycles (circuit & road racing) for 5 years in my younger days (1983-88) and have ridden sports bikes all my life (R1, CBR900, etc) and still have a couple of Suzuki RG500's..;) I always wondered what anyone could ever see in a heavy overweight goldwing, but as the years advance, I find myself looking for comfort and less speed and the goldwing seems to fill that gap very nicely..:eek: The suspension seems to be very poorly setup :( as standard but otherwise it's a great bike..:) Will post a few questions in the appropriate location on suspension mods. My wife rides a VT750 and my daughters (10 & 12) love riding on the back of the goldwing/VT (they hated being on the sport bikes) so we are finding far more family activities involving the bikes than we did in the past.;) Hopefully I will meet some off the people on this forum in person. We are of to ride the 3 sisters next weekend with about 100 other like minded loonatics!!:rolleyes:

Gary

PS. Is there anyway to list other members by state just to find if there is anyone near by? To possibly hook up for a ride, etc..

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. You did not mention what year and model GW you bought, so it's hard to comment on the suspension. Ride safe and have a good time on your trip next weekend..

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from Illinois, congrats on your first wing.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I think Texas is one of the most represented States on this board. Must be a pretty big state. As far as I know Thrasherg, there is no specific state category here. We are all tossed in together like French soup. You should list your " location " in your personal profile section so it shows up under your Nom de plume. The great state of Virginia welcomes you !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts