Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like say hi to everyone here at the goldwing site I am a goldwing owner once again, my previous wing was 87 gl1200 Aspencade that I owned and loved for several years, but had to sell for financial reasons, and now I am a wing owner again, but this time I went naked, a naked goldwing that is, a 78 gl1000 that I bought with intention of restoring and fixing it, maybe customizing it a little to my liking but mostly keeping it stock and naked. my 78 gl1000 at present has some cosmetic and mechanical issues but slowly it will be resolved, I will post some pictures of the bike soon. Joe

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome to the site Joe. Congrats on the New used Wing. I wish I had the necessary time to do the same. Be sure to post pics all the way through the work in progress.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site enjoy your wing

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Hello joeski! If your handle name implies your heritage, myself and WA9FWT are of " ski " lineage also. JoePhoenix is also a classic wing restorer. Check the General Discussion Forum for posts by him. In 1978 I was riding a Harley 1200 SuperGlide , so seeing bikes from that era is always a nostalgic pleasure for me , especially one that is still going. I'm sure that AMF Harley is scrap metal. If it isn't, it should be. Make yourself at home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello joeski! If your handle name implies your heritage, myself and WA9FWT are of " ski " lineage also. JoePhoenix is also a classic wing restorer. Check the General Discussion Forum for posts by him. In 1978 I was riding a Harley 1200 SuperGlide , so seeing bikes from that era is always a nostalgic pleasure for me , especially one that is still going. I'm sure that AMF Harley is scrap metal. If it isn't, it should be. Make yourself at home.
YES I am originally from the old country I also speak fluently thanks for the welcome.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF joeski. you know untill i rode my nieces '79 wing i really didn't care much for 1000 wings but was forced to ride it from toledo to detroit for her

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been test riding my naked wing around my neighborhood, "for 32 year old bike it handles nice it still has some get up and go left in it" once I put some TLC in to it, it will still be on the road for years to come.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome joeski, glad to hear your a wing owner... again! Good luck with her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my name is joe and I also ride a 78 GL1000 haha. welcome!

I love a naked vintage goldwing, but nothing beats the comfort of a full dresser. i even have the vetter radio to match my windjammer SS

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Welcome joeski from the Keystone State.

Originally Posted by chopin114
See here in Northeast Pa. there are a lot of people of Lithuanian & Polish decent so I just thought that was his last name.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Nice to see the vintage bikes on the road and being well cared for. Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Joeski and I too have had an ache for a GL1000 since I first sat on one in a showroom when they first appeared. If I ever finish all the stuff I have on my plate I'm gonna look for one to do up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I originally was looking for a 84 naked goldwing it was the last year Honda made standard goldwings and it was a 1200. it is the best looking naked goldwing in my opinion. but trying to find one of those bikes these days is like looking for needle in a haystack around here. I am still looking and if I find one in my neck of the woods I would defiantly buy it, "if my wife lets me" ha ha, I am still trying to justify this one I bought. Joe

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome from one old pole here in WIS.I bet you can't wait until you get that new ride under you once again. I have my self been getting a old 1982 A in shape for the comming season.Just today , I took out the starter and rebuilt it.Didn't need parts, but after a good cleaning it sure turned the engine over faster.Last couple of days, a person could ride,but now they say by the week end snow again.

WA9FWT Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts