Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Durham, Ontario up in the land of 9 months of winter and 3 months of tough sledding!!!

I would like to change the brake fluid on my '01 GL1800 with ABS.

Besides the usual harshness of b.fluid on paint...what should I be careful with?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
First welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Make sure you bleed the brake lines so there is no air in the system and check for any leaks. Other than that you should be good to go. Ride safe, when the weather brakes..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Howdy from Alberta Dand. I realize you are prone to lake effect weather, but geez, you're farther south than Portland Oregon! To me up here in Northern Ab. that's like living in the banana belt LOL. Seriously though, do protect everything and yourself when dealing with brake fliud, it's so caustic. Make sure you use the right DOT # when you replace it too. Stay warm this winter.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Dand - It is nice to live in a Country that has four seasons but 9 months of winter is a lot. You better move to good old Cape Breton where you can ride at least 6 months of the year. The boys have given some great advice to you and other Wingers. Me, I just check out their posts and learn from their replies. Safe riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts