Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I shook hands today on a deal to trade my 1992 Venture Royale in on a 2008 Wing.

I haven't brought it home, yet. But I am pretty excited to finally be on the threshhold of owning the world's FINEST touring motorcycle.

Does anyone know where I can download a (free) pdf file of a 2008 owner's manual. I would like to read it BEFORE I bring the bike home.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Can't help you out on the manual, But Welcome to the Wonderfull World of Winging. Join the:D ing Crowd.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron
Formerly of Allentown, Pa. a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
This site may be of help. You need to register to download.

http://goldwingdocs.com/index.asp

Oh, and welcome to the forum from the right side of Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. A number of riders on here from Pa and near by states. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I don't think that the words "Goldwing" and "free" are very often seen in the same sentence. I have to wait to get the bike to read the manual.

One thing i did notice, though. My old Yamaha had passenger volume comtrols for the helmet. The Wing does not. How much is my favorite old girl going to miss that feature?

I know one thing, once she heard the words "heated seats", that bike was sold !!

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Check with J&M or maybe Wingstuff forthe passenger volume control add on.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello chuckler, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome! We used to live in Johnstown and Western PA with its mountains has some very nice riding roads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have not found much for free when it comes to Goldwings, but you will get information here on any question that you may have. There are some good people here.

Welcome to the Show!

"Who has more fun than People, MORE People" :D

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Texas. Enjoy the good people here and also the new bike. Thanks for droppin in.:)
Isaac

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome aboard chuckler! Ditto on the J&M controller, all I have to do is wait for the doggone snow to melt up here (likely a month from now) and let the significant other test it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I picked it up Saturday. Wow !

Y'all or You'nes (as they say in Pittsburgh) - I picked up my 2008 Wing on Saturday. As you might expect, I'm pretty darned happy.
:D:D:D

One thing that was beyond my expectations is how effective the "comfort" package is. It was 39 degrees when I rode home, and with the seat and grip warmers on and the knee and foot warmers flowing, I could have stayed on that bike for two hours.

I haven't really used any of the electronics while riding, yet. We're still getting aquainted....safety first.

Anyway, I'm starting to realize that our Wings truly are truly world class equipment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Greetings from Orygon

use to live in Indiana PA......

Christmas Tree Capital.....and home of Ja...Ja.....Ja....Jimmy Stewart

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Davidsville Pa.just outside of Johnstown ,will be heading down your way for blessing of the bikes in Murrysville. Cograt's on Wing ownership youn's will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Y'all or You'nes (as they say in Pittsburgh) - I picked up my 2008 Wing on Saturday. As you might expect, I'm pretty darned happy.

One thing that was beyond my expectations is how effective the "comfort" package is. It was 39 degrees when I rode home, and with the seat and grip warmers on and the knee and foot warmers flowing, I could have stayed on that bike for two hours.

I haven't really used any of the electronics while riding, yet. We're still getting aquainted....safety first.

Anyway, I'm starting to realize that our Wings truly are truly world class equipment.
Hehehehe. Need I say more ?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

Now you know what we know.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
All the best from Canada Chuckler, enjoy your new ride, and welcome to the board.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts