Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just joined this Goldwing owners club without guessing that it was an American club, but so what we are all goldwing owners so what does it matter where you live. I hope all you lot out there feel the same, and if I ever get over there well I should have a few friends to meet and likewise if you ever come to Scotland you will have a friend here. So lets talk Goldwing

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello lawrance, welcome to GWOF. just think of GWOF as wings around the world. so tell us what year your wing is

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Lawrence in Edinburgh

Welcome, Lawrence from Texas.

My wife and I are traveling to your beautiful country in September for a holiday, and my youngest daughter is currently in Edinburgh photographing a wedding.

We'd love to have the chance to meet you!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome aboard from another Texan. Enjoy the forum and glad to have you with us.:)
Isaac

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I'm married to a Highlander, Mz. Vickie Highlander. I feel like I'm living in Scotland every day.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi I have just joined this Goldwing owners club without guessing that it was an American club, but so what we are all goldwing owners so what does it matter where you live. I hope all you lot out there feel the same, and if I ever get over there well I should have a few friends to meet and likewise if you ever come to Scotland you will have a friend here. So lets talk Goldwing
Welcome from the gooooooooood ole USA.

I never new there was a difference!! Anyone who rides two wheels can quickly become a friend of mine. :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Howya Lawrance! We're pretty international here, got Brits, Irish, Aussie, mainland Europe and a couple of your countrymen as members too. Got a mate that lives near St Andrews GC, ye might know him (haha)!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Geartings and Welcome to the forum, nice folks hang out here.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
223 Posts
Greetings Lawrance from Oregon
It is great to have international members.your contributions, pictures and humor will be a great addition to this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi thanks to you all for the great friendly replies, Willmax hope we can meet up in september,Hope your lassie is enjoying auld reekie (Edinburgh) . I used to ride a Pan european until an accident at work four year ago made one of my legs not as good as it was so I had to sell the Pan. I was going to buy a canam spyder tryke but its not the same as riding a bike, so I have bought a Goldwing GL1800 2011 model and due to the weather have only managed fourteen miles to date. So it is still in its brand new look with a total recorded mileage of fourteen and a half miles, due to my gammy leg I have had to have push button gears and a stabilizer system that I imported from America, called legup. Its bad enough trying to get used to a new bike but it is even harder when you have all these extra buttons on your left hand to control the leg up,gears,indicators and the clutch. But having said that I am back on the road again. Regards to all Lawrance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada. I also plan to visit Scotland again. It would be awsome to be able to tour by wing with someone who knows the area. Glad to share my favourite rides here.
All the best.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. All I can say is that I have been most welcomed here. I will look forward to seeing photo's of your rides. Eric

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome Lawrence from Central Washington State. Hope to visit Scotland one day since most of my genealogy got back there with the Clan MacIntosh, Gunn, and Stuart, and my wife is a Ross. These folks migrated here in the late 1600s, early 1700s.
enjoy your new Wing.
Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lawrance,

I'm thinking of having the Ladingear LegUp system fitted to my GL1800 and wondered how you've gone on with yours? Do you find it good? Any problems?

Regards,

Eldroth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi I personally like the system, it has flaws like if you corner to fast and low the wheels hit the ground lifting the rear wheel away from the road, So I slow down and enjoy the scenery more or if you set it to come on when you slow down as the wheels lower you start to veer to the left, just like driving with a sidecar so you just compensate.
What it boils down to is personal preference and I like it.
If you decide to go ahead with it keep in touch or if you dont still keep intouch.
I am in a club called the Missfits and they have a space at the NEC bike show at Birmingham, I am hoping to go down for a wander are you going. Regards Lawrance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts