Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to this forum, but have been around Goldwings for many years previously owned 1200, 1500, and current '06 1800. 60 years riding experience. Previously owned a Simplex belt drive 2 stroke, a 1937 Royal Enfield, 1949 Triumph, Harley Hummer, Harley 45, Harley 61, and rode Harley 45's in the Military Police Corps in the Army. Also rode a 1978 R100R BMW that I purchased new and rode it for 17 years. Have been with Gold Wings since then. My home is approx. 40 miles S.W of Savannah, GA in a relatively small town by the name of Hinesville which is the home of Fort Stewart and the Third Infantry Division.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum from next door. You obviously have some wisdom that will come in handy on this site. There are a lot of great folks on this forum.:)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello sk8ter, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. You certainly have an impressive resume of motorcycle rides. Your knowledge and experience will be much appreciated here. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state :) I've had the pleasure to visit your area a few times.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome from Central Washington. I am from another Native S. Coastal Georgian that has lived most of my life in the West. I still feel at home though when I am able to visit. Could be because I have 6 generations buried in and around Alma. Seems we have another similarity. I am a member of Chapter III Blue Knights in Kennewick, Wa. Web page: http://bkwa3.org/
Ride safe my friend and be careful out there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the left coast. Sounds like you'll enjoy this site & fit right in. Ride safe & it sounds like you have. One of the books I studied when I was a new rider (still am compared to most here) emphasized studying riders who have ridden for a long time & do what they do, instead of studying collisions. I think listening & learning from both is probably a good idea.

I learned to ride in groups with BK CA-I up in N. Calif., but down here in So. Calif. it seems all the Blue Knights have either moved away or moved way out in the suburbs. Can't say I blame them, as the traffic is terrible, but I live 1/4 mile from the Pacific Coast Highway & that is kind of nice.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from the Ketstone state. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome guys. Also good to see some of my Blue Knights brothers on this site.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome sk8ter, glad you got your screen name sorted:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts