Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we say in Texas "Howdy Yall!" Sorry about so long with no Introduction Post. Between work and attempting to restore a garage find = 1982 GL1100 Aspencade, 30,111 original miles. I have failed to post. But I have replaced fluids, gas tank (had a gallon of rust), brakes working, timing belts, plugs, coolant crossover "o" rings and gaskets, got it running and ran for 6 hours, started flooding so rebuilt carbs. What fiascos with the carbs, long story short - 4 sets of carbs and finally have a set that could be rebuilt. Carbs installed tonight and putting things back together. Forgot to take Pictures during repairs, guess I'll post some after completed. Maybe next week I'll see what else needs to be done, plus see if it will run. Its been over 30 years since I have ridden, (hope I haven’t forgotten how). I dont even remember what I rode back then, but never had a Goldwing! I hope its fun, and my wife is getting anxious to ride 2 up. She has never ridden.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Welcome and tell us where your located.:)

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Good luck with your Wing and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from another Keystoner to another Texan.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello texasstormchaser, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Howdy fellow Texan. Where do you live? I'm over in East Texas near Tyler. If you're returning to riding from a long hiatus, which I did too you may want to consider taking a MSF course to brush up on your skills. I did this to get my motorcycle endorcement/license. I also plan on taking the advanced course where you ride your own bike. Also riding 2 up is another skill set that one should ease into after they get very familiar with their bike. Raising the center of gravity with a passenger can get very dicey in low speed manuvering such as pulling into gas stations. Ride safe friend and keep us informed on your restoration and ride experiences.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Welcome from Central Washington

·
Banned
8 Posts
Howdy from Houston!

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. It's a fun place to hang out.
DanB; is giving you some good advice Get good and use to the bike before you put your Lady on the back.
I recommend the MSF course around here they provide 125cc bike for the course, lots easier to learn the basics on then an 800lbs machine.
Best of luck with the restore and the re-learn on riding skills.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama. Very ironic, we have been talking about Storm-chasing on an earlier thread.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Big ole HOWDY right back at both of our two new Texas members. Pretty sure that the Lone Star folk have the numbers cornered on the rest of us.
REF, I think the storms were busy chasin detdrbuzzard, not the other way around:eek:

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Big ole HOWDY right back at both of our two new Texas members. Pretty sure that the Lone Star folk have the numbers cornered on the rest of us.
REF, I think the storms were busy chasin detdrbuzzard, not the other way around:eek:
Haven't we reached our Quota of them Texas fellers yet :rolleyes:

I see another one snuck in here. Welcome to the forum there Fella "Xamper".:)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck on the restore and riding.

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Post some photos of the restoration.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts