Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i will say a lot of nothing on here, i am a new member but not at owning a wing, my wife just bought me a classic wing its a 77
but what i am wondering can you buy the white caps that are on top of the carbs i am missing 2 of them, i have checked
ebay, bike bandit. and the old bike barn i dont want to buy a set of carbs just for these two parts.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome, now thats a cool wife. can you post some pictures of the parts in question? Pictures might help someone here come up with the parts you desire.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello biggator, welcome to GWOF. i have heard of some jb welding a piece of metal in there. where is home for you in michigan

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

Perhaps some local riding friends might be able to locate these parts for you. I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Great folks and Great experience on this site.....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site! One of our members actually used bottle caps for carb tops. Not everyone's cup of tea, but was kinda cool.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Welcome to the site! One of our members actually used bottle caps for carb tops. Not everyone's cup of tea, but was kinda cool.
i've heard that too, jb weld bottle caps in place

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Check salvage yards. Perhaps you can find what you need there.. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome from NC.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone, right now i have electric tape on them, but you have giving me some ideas on fixing them, its going to take me a few weeks to get it on the road, it needs some work like i need a new fuel pump,seat,probley rebuild the carbs, it runs but not perfect

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there is slicks salvage in mason and emc cycle in brockway if either are close to you

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to GWOF! This is a great site/forum!

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi gator, we just jb weld a nice shiney quarter in position from the inside of the cap, just enough to be air tight from the outer atmosphere. it's a good conversation topic an a possible emergency fund if really in distress.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am having fun on ebay lately, got the fuel pump that i needed,the solinoid and the wires to it that i didnt have, and a new set of points, all for around 60 bucks and everything works, i got all the parts on and it runs but still not that great, but i am getting there i am going to redo the timing to see if i have something off a little, and if that dont do it i am going to pull the carbs and rebuild them,hopefully soon i will be able to ride it before the snow flys and then put it away for winter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.