Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just bought my first Goldwing after 34 years of riding other makes. Loving it. So comfortable and my other half loves the comfort. Got plans to do lots of touring. We did California on an Electraglide last year and that was amazing. Hope you are all looking forward to this years riding. Will be on here checking in regularly, so hope to make friends with lots of you. Anyone else in the UK, then let me know.

Rick

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. What year/model did you get? You have a few other members from your country on here and I'm sure they will be welcoming you shortly. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 1999 GL1500SE in black. I've uploaded some pics. Even though it is 12 years old, it only had 15,600 genuine miles on it. I am really pleased with it. I've just moved from a BMW K1200S and the difference is obviously stark. Both great bikes, but such different animals. I love the ultimate comfort of the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello rick, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from another newbie!

Welcome aboard Rick. I just posted my first message less than a week ago. I also bought a 1998 1500SE last summer, but haven't taken it on a decent ride yet (for many reasons). Looking forward to this riding season.

We have some dear friends who live in Sussex and have visited your country twice to see them. They come over here often too. We've traveled on the east and west coast of together over the years. We live in NC, home of our country's most beautiful motorcycling road (watch the trouble that statement causes), the Blue Ridge Parkway. It sounds like you get over here often; if you would like to ride on the east coast, let me know; maybe we can put a tour together with you.

Later, Richard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get over to the US as often as I'd like, Richard. But I do love the big bikes on the big roads. Got to do some touring in Europe for the next couple years while I save for the next big trip over there :)
Let me know if you are over here next and maybe could meet up for a beer.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Rick, yup you have some countrymen on the board. Hopefully they chime in and hook up with you

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Its a 1999 GL1500SE in black. I've uploaded some pics. Even though it is 12 years old, it only had 15,600 genuine miles on it. I am really pleased with it. I've just moved from a BMW K1200S and the difference is obviously stark. Both great bikes, but such different animals. I love the ultimate comfort of the Wing.
My first Wing was a 1998 Red GL1500 SE. Loved that bike..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts