Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Sal and I have a couple of question for all of you goldwingers out there.

I have been thinking of purchasing a goldwing but I am not sure what to look for in one of these great machines.

I am currently riding a 08 yamaha roadliner midnight addition. Great bike, love all the power the handling and the stopping. I just wish that they came with a sixth gear.

What is to many miles for a goldwing?

What issues do some years have?

Are some years better than other's?

What are the advantage's of buying a goldwing as to other models in it's class? (i.e. handling, power, maintenance, etc.)

Any and all comments are much appreciated.

Thanks
Sal

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Sal.
I don't know what state you live in but I can suggest Eagle Rider they rent Goldwings http://www.eaglerider.com/rentals/honda-goldwing-1800.aspx
Goldwings have been know to collect as many as 300,000 miles.
In my opinion they're all good bikes, if you want a plush ride than a GL1500 is for you.
If you want a bike that has quicker handling than an 1800.
There were recalls issued for the GL1800 for frame cracks in 2004 and earlier models.
It's quiet, powerful, as for maintenance follow it to the letter, it's basically a trouble free bike, good resale value, comfortable and nice looking.
The older GL1500's pretty much have all the bugs gone and you can sometimes find good low mileage ones for sale. The 1500 had a weak link called the alternator, but they get upgraded easily.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me if this is a good deal or a great deal. Found a goldwing here in CT at a dealership and they are asking 13,900. It has 11,400 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Tell me if this is a good deal or a great deal. Found a goldwing here in CT at a dealership and they are asking 13,900. It has 11,400 miles on it.
What year???

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Sal,

Greetings, Where about's in CT?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts