Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from North Texas. I recently purchased a low mileage (23k) 1986 1200 Interstate. It was dormant at least five years but stored in a garage. I drained the gas, added fresh and a battery and it fired up smoothly. Runs and idles great, however, I looked down and gas is leaking from both sides. At first I thought the floATV’s may be stuck but it is running too smooth (?). Any suggestions?

·
978 Posts
Hello from North Texas. I recently purchased a low mileage (23k) 1986 1200 Interstate. It was dormant at least five years but stored in a garage. I drained the gas, added fresh and a battery and it fired up smoothly. Runs and idles great, however, I looked down and gas is leaking from both sides. At first I thought the floATV’s may be stuck but it is running too smooth (?). Any suggestions?
Part of a carb rebuild would include replacement of the seals in between the carbs. If it isn’t running out the float bowl vents, your needle and seat’s are ok. But a rebuild would include addressing the old N/S’s anyhow.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Administrator
16,072 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I hope you get your problem sorted out and enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope GLblinded's info helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had that issue on mine about a year after a Honda dealer supposedly had rebuilt the carbs. Took it to an independent mechanic and he found sealant and other muck in the carbs, he spent a few days cleaning it all and rebuilt them. Haven't had an issue since. The only reason I took it to the Honda dealer was leaking from the carbs. Lots of seals in there that just dried up from time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had that issue on mine about a year after a Honda dealer supposedly had rebuilt the carbs. Took it to an independent mechanic and he found sealant and other muck in the carbs, he spent a few days cleaning it all and rebuilt them. Haven't had an issue since. The only reason I took it to the Honda dealer was leaking from the carbs. Lots of seals in there that just dried up from time.
Thanks, yeah, buying a rebuild kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts