Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on bikes my entire life, and have spent the last 5 years on a 07 HD Road King (I just had to try the HD experience once). Started Wing shoppin and ran across a BEAUTIFUL Blue 2001 Wing with only 7300 Miles. It looks like it just came off the showroom...I AM IN! WIFE LOVES IT TOO. Anyone have any advice on the perfect set-up for helments & communication between rider & passenger?

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
hello lt dan, welcome to GWOF. sorry i can't help with that question as i rarely have a passenger

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Welcome from Central Washington. I had to try the HD ride too, and while it was nice it just wasn't a Wing.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Welcome Lt Dan. You'll both love the Wing, not really fairto compare it to a RK (been there) as not many rides compare with the two-up comfort of a GW. I have J&M headsets for us and they work real well, Don't have to spend big $$ to get decent ones either. If you want all the bells and whistles: bluetooth etc, then things change on the money front. www.jmcorp.com

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. I agree with Budoka on the J&M headsets. I've had them on my 98 gl1500 and now on the 1800. I use a 3/4 helmet and they work well. I'm sure there are other mfgrs out there if you check...

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon, You and your wife will really enjoy the Goldwing, I don't use a communication system between muself and my wife on the bike, it's quite enough she just leans forward and speaks into my ear without yelling. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks with good advice here.
But we need pictures of that new ride. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
Sorry for the double post, my dial-up internet is being strange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been on bikes my entire life, and have spent the last 5 years on a 07 HD Road King (I just had to try the HD experience once). Started Wing shoppin and ran across a BEAUTIFUL Blue 2001 Wing with only 7300 Miles. It looks like it just came off the showroom...I AM IN! WIFE LOVES IT TOO. Anyone have any advice on the perfect set-up for helments & communication between rider & passenger?
Welcome Lt Dan, i too am new to this forum, so far it has been great. So many great people here that are willing to help. Not only am i new to this site, but i'm fairly new to internet, so am still trying to figure out how to upload pics of my GW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lt. Dan. I too am new GW rider. The wife and I use the Sena bluetooth system and are quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Lt Dan, I use the J & M with Nolan helmets, nice fit and made to go together. I wanted the bluetooth but no one would guarantee it to work on the 2012 and you cannot return it. So I went with tried and true technology.

WeldNut

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Welcome to the forum: Really nice folks hanging around here. We've been using J&M heads sets for almost 20 years and like them just fine.
Again welcome to the :D crowd.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts