Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really amazed at how well this went. It took me 1.5 hours and that's including folding a load of laundry while my wife was grocery shopping. I was really dreading doing this with all that I read about it. I know that without Steve Saunders video, it would have been much worse though. I bought the bike with 13000 miles on it and it now has 20000 which is why I wanted to change it. To my surprise though, when I took the filter lid off, I saw a K&N filter there!!! The original owner had already done it! I put the new one in since I had already purchased it. I only wish I knew when he put it in though since it was really clean. I've put 7000 miles on the bike and the filter looked like it could go 50000 miles before needing to be cleaned. Thanks everyone that offered suggestions to other people that were doing this. I read a lot before doing it. One thing that I did to ensure that the screws didn't move the filter was put the lid on and then raised it straight up while putting my other hand in there where I could feel that the filter was still seated and then took my hand out and carefully put the lid straight back down.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
well if you still have the k&n filter that was in the bike clean it, let it dry, and put it up that way you'll have a filter thats ready to re-oil and go in three years

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
A riding buddy and I did ours together last winter. Mine had about about 25,000 miles on it and it wasn't what I would consider dirty. The spring pollen season around here is probably the #1 dirty season. Some fellows have even taken to buy a lighted camera probe to take a peek.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Some fellows have even taken to buy a lighted camera probe to take a peek.
Now there is an idea I never thought of. Thanks for sharing and I will keep it in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.