Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened after several years of searching for a vintage wing with low miles and an attentive seller I found a 1200 that had been used lightly and maintained properly. It has 44K miles and used to be a Shriners bike so it has all the chrome add ons. Trouble is it has 28 year old chrome on it. Question... Is there any sites that sell vintage chrome that I can buy as $$$ permits.

most of the chrome needs cleaned up, which I have been doing tonight. missing the 3 vents louver chrome on the left side. the chrome vent under the headlight is pitted plastic, so no shine there. the oil filter cover was at one time chrome. And the chrome rad grill cover is badly pitted also. there are plastic stick on chrome pieces on the marker light on the fairing also a loss. So its some pretty unique stuff. I have called Hampton (Tidewater) Virginia home for the last 30 or so years, but still visit my property in Pittsburgh PA at least once or twice a year. I'm married and have a daughter in college, VCU and the wife tolerates my riding but doesn't want to do 2 up. She wants a trike. Someday maybe when College loans are over. Or the lottery.
THX
BSD

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Afraid I can answer your question regarding vintage chrome, but I can and will welcome you to the Forum from way down south in Texas. Where do you call home?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello dan, welcome to GWOF. there just isn't much for new chrome out there for a 1200 wing

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Congrats on your new 2u Wing and welcome to the GWOF. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF BSD and congratulations on your classic Wing!
If you put your needs out in this and other Wing forums, the chrome will come. Apparently a lot of Wing stuff is on EBay, too.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
I have some of the parts you need. They might not be 'perfect', but are in good condition. Send me a P.M. if interested.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome BSD. Some of the metal parts may be able to be re-plated. Drag used to make the chrome and 24k shark gills, but where you'd find them now I don't know. As suggested perhaps e-bay or such. Usedgoldwingparts.com might be another source

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. A great bike them 1200's. Eric

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from PA. Here's an outfit that has some stuff listed. They are in Selbyville DE, right at the MD border so you could even take a nice ride over. I would give them a call, they used to do a Sat morning coffee gathering & on your way you can stop at the Fishermans Inn Restaurant on RT50 for some great food. Hmmm one would think I may have done this before.;)

www.chromeworld.com

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So who is your favorite football team?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.