Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I'm an american living in Luneburg Germany, I can't much speak german and that's one of the reasons I came to this forum. I will be starting a project soon of bringing back to life a 83 Goldwing 1100. I'll soon be posting about it in the General Discussions, and think I'll be needing some help.

Keep the shiny side up! :)
Cruisin

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Cruisin:

I'm sure someone here may speak German if you need a translator.;)

Seriously though Welcome to the GWOF where we have a good bunch & we all speak English.:D

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Welcome Cruisin and good luck on the restore. You're in good hands here with those who've been down the road you're about to embark. I bought an 85 GL 1200 LTD and thought about restoring it however I'm not much of a mechanic and don't want to pay someone else for something that will cost me as much as a newer bike. So, I'm in the upgrade mode to a GL 1500.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF.
Spent 3 years in Germany 1967-1970. 601st Tactical Control Squadron Detachment 3 HeadQuarters Sembach Actual Detachment location was at Orbis. Learned enough German to get by. Gut Morgen Mein freund.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Willkommen! Well that just about exhausts my German linguistic skills:eek: Enjoy the site. When you get into your restore, we'll need pics...lots of pics.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
hello cruisin, welcome to GWOF

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Cruisin,

Welcome from Seattle.

I too was in Germany from 1967 till 1970. My father was a career soldier and I attended high school in Wurzburg Germany. My mom was a war bride and her wedding dress was made from my dad's parachute.

Ich kanst ein bischen Duetsch sprechen, aber Ich habe ganst forgessen.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Hope you enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Welcome to the site from Angola Africa......( I am at work here).....

If you are in Germany due to being the the Service.....I would like to say "Thanks for your service."

Like said above...there are alot of good people on here that will give you a hand via the internet if you need it. Good luck on your restore of your wing.

Ride Safe Always !!!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I wonder what side of the road do they drive on in Angola.
Same side as in the USA....just a two lane becomes a four lane. People on motorcycles (dirt bikes) do alot of major lane splitting...and they think if they blow their horn they have the right of way.

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF!!!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Baltimore Maryland , future home of this years superbowl winner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the welcomes!
I'm not in the military but my older brother was in the Airforce and my son was in the Army. I'm in north germany and all the US bases are in the south. In six years I've never met another american in this area.

Cruisin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts