Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I just graduated from a 2005 ST1300A to my first Wing. A titanium 2004 GL1800A. I turn 50 this month and I've only been riding a little over two. I started out on a BWM brick. A '92 K75RT with about 70k miles was my first bike. Not the prettiest in the world but it was reliable. I didn't want anything that would make me cry when I inevitably dropped it (which I did - twice). After about 3 months and a couple of thousand miles I felt seriously underpowered. Confidence was up and I started looking at sport touring bikes. Cruisers just didn't fit my personality and I'm realistic enough to know I'm too old for a crotch rocket. The ST was a sweet ride and had great handling but as my wife started riding with me more it was time to look at some more comfort. The Gold Wing was the only place to go and I was able to sell my ST to a great guy from Indiana and found the wing in Tampa. (You have to put out a wide search if you're looking for something specific). I had ABS on my ST and really wanted to keep it for the Wing. It's always given me some added confidence. We love the ride and I feel like I've progressed to exactly where I want to be. I've still got a few things to do/buy and I'll have the bike the way I want it.

Owner's Manual - The original owner couldn't find the owner's manual. This has to be the first stop.

Sound works - I've got to figure out how to connect an IPOD to the Aux input of the radio. I've also got to get some helmet headsets to allow us to use the headphones and the intercom. I may eventually want to integrate XM radio and FRS two-way radios but I want them to integrate with the factory system. Maybe also add a Zumo or other GPS.

Rear speakers - It didn't come with them, so I want to add them

The Ride - Nothing I can do to improve on the ride itself. It is great!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF maconwinger, you can still get an owners manual form honda for your bike. i left mine out in the rain for a few too many days and had to order another. it was about $17 with tax

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of wings!

A little flat down at the fall line. Come ride with us in the twisty Georgia mountains!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right. Awful lot of flat down here. I used to live in Canton (Hickory Flat) and used to play Golf at the Gilmer County Country Club. Love to get back up there soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the board.

The IPOD is easy to get going. The Aux connecvtion is under the LH fairing pocket

The connections are available several places but here is one. http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3952_GL1800_Electrical_Connection_ipod_Adaptor_Kit
All you have done buying an 1800 is a big down payment on accessiories :)
If you are ever in Chattanooga let me know. We come to Macon sometimes to visit our former pastor at Mt Zion Baptist

1 - 7 of 7 Posts