Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this time I don't have a GW, but will soon. I currently have 2 Honda Shadow VT1100's, but am in the process of making a trade for a GW or two. I have one guy that has one GW1100 that he says he rides and another parts bike. The parts bike he says is missing the gas tank and saddle bags, but I don't know what else. They are both supposed to be 83 models. I also have a guy that is about 65 miles from me that wants to trade his 85 GW and a trailer for one of my Shadows. Will post photos of what ever I get soon.

BTW>>>>SHhhhhhh. My wife said that I need to get rid of one of my bikes. I figure get rid of one to get two is doing what she wants.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Keystoner. Good luck with your trade.........and your wife.;)

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Welcome from NW oklahoma

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello adthomas, welcome to GWOF. i have nothing bad to say about 1100 wings but i would get a 1200 wing just for the extra hp it has compaired to the 1100 wing but i would pass on both of them for a 1500 wing

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with detdrbuzzard on this, hold out for a 1500.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Best of luck with getting you wing.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from another of the Pa. gang.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There seems to be a few people from PA and VA. Is there anyplace here where it shows where everyone is from? I noticed a lot of people don't seem to want to post their location. I like to know who I have around me that might want to go for a ride on a weekend on short notice. It also helps if someone is having problems with their Wing, if everyone knows where they are. You never know, you might live right around the corner from them and have what they need.

·
Premium Member
24,116 Posts
There seems to be a few people from PA and VA. Is there anyplace here where it shows where everyone is from? I noticed a lot of people don't seem to want to post their location. I like to know who I have around me that might want to go for a ride on a weekend on short notice. It also helps if someone is having problems with their Wing, if everyone knows where they are. You never know, you might live right around the corner from them and have what they need.
Welcome in advance. I'm down around Newport News quite often. My nephew lives in Williamsburg and I ride with a " gang " of bikers from the V-Twin cruisers now and then. Their fearless leader rides an 85 GL1200. He lives in Virginia beach in the Bay View community. As a matter of fact someone just relieved him of one of his engine side covers. Might you have what he needs ??????????:D

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Hi adthomas & welcome to the forum. As said by others you should consider the 1500. I originally had the 1000, then 1100, than made the jump to my current ride 1500. There is no comparision. In my opinion from 1500 to 1800 is not a huge jump unless you want a kick more of power.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well.... the deal on the 85 did not work out, but the 83 did. Actually the deal is for a 83 Aspencade and a 82 Interstate. The interstate is missing the saddle bags and fuel tank, otherwise it appears pretty much complete. The Aspencade is complete except that the bags and other plastics, except the fairing, are off the bike for repainting. These are going to be good projects. Although they may not be the popular models to the members here, they will be good machines for some good rides.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Good luck on the projects and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Well.... the deal on the 85 did not work out, but the 83 did. Actually the deal is for a 83 Aspencade and a 82 Interstate. The interstate is missing the saddle bags and fuel tank, otherwise it appears pretty much complete. The Aspencade is complete except that the bags and other plastics, except the fairing, are off the bike for repainting. These are going to be good projects. Although they may not be the popular models to the members here, they will be good machines for some good rides.
Congratulation on your new to you 83 wing. Get her up and running for the riding season you will love it. There is nothing wrong with a classic wing. Just different.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Welcome from GA. I agree with Badrider. Currently have a 2010, 1800 and find little difference (except power) between it and my previously owned 1500; however, lots of difference between the 1100, my first GW, and the 1500, my #2. The wife actually likes the 1500 more because the seat, she says, is more comfortable and the saddlel bags are bigger.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
There seems to be a few people from PA and VA. Is there anyplace here where it shows where everyone is from? I noticed a lot of people don't seem to want to post their location.
Unfortunately the Site doesn't have a Members list with info & yes you're right some people don't post there locations. However as you said there are a few of us in your general area & those of us will routinely get together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts