Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi … just joined. Hanging out in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. I own a Valkyrie and I’m looking to buy a gold wing … tour or f6b. Looking forward to all the interesting interactions in here.
Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice … I’m just looking now at a 2006 wing 57,000 km. All service just done. Have yet to go see it but sounds good.

·
Administrator
15,528 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Good luck on your search, hope it's the fastest color. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of varieties of Wings out there and unless they have been neglected or abused you can count on them being solid (I am not sure about the abused part, but it sounds logical).

·
Registered
2003 Goldwing in Red (the fastest color)
1,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Super Moderator
12,409 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome.

Somedays I miss my Valkyrie(s). Great bikes. But you'll love the GL1800.

·
Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Hope you enjoy the forum and get to meet some of the great folks on here. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Sky Water Atmosphere Lighthouse Ecoregion

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Welcome, from Fort Sask, AB. I also have a 2006. At that low mileage, shouldn't be much/anything wrong. Good luck with the purchase and enjoy the new ride!

Reactions: Maui

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all.
Kerry what would be a good price to pay for that ‘06 I’m looking at?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I'm afraid anything I suggest is a WAG. Kelly blue book seems to be $9,340USD, so around $12,000CAD. That seems to be the same ballpark asking price for the couple of 2006 and 2007 I see for sale in Alberta. Honestly that struck me as kind of high, but I believe used bike prices have gone up somewhat during the pandemic. Certainly should be nothing worn out on that bike at that mileage. Good luck!

Reactions: Maui

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm afraid anything I suggest is a WAG. Kelly blue book seems to be $9,340USD, so around $12,000CAD. That seems to be the same ballpark asking price for the couple of 2006 and 2007 I see for sale in Alberta. Honestly that struck me as kind of high, but I believe used bike prices have gone up somewhat during the pandemic. Certainly should be nothing worn out on that bike at that mileage. Good luck!
Okay thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Titanium GW and 2015 Silver GW
289 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central Florida/Michigan (depending on the season). Hoping to make a trip out your way this summer, to see the sights on 2 wheels. Any suggestions on "must see" areas?

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

·
Registered
2008 Titanium GW and 2015 Silver GW
289 Posts
Oh, and on your search for a GW, be sure to test drive and check for slipping out of gear or "ghost-shifting" as it's called. Seems there are quite a few in the used market. This is a design issue that Honda had (still has?) My 2015 has to be completely overhauled because I bought without a test drive (only 52k miles).

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay I’ll check that … out here in the Canadian Rockies you’ll love the amazing scenery of Banff national park and Jasper national park… also “Going to the sun” road between St Mary and West Glacier in Montana glacier national park.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!!!
Beautiful country up there. I've seen so many pictures but one day hope to see your area up close and personal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts