Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Ive been interested in getting a goldwing for a while now and just came into a 66 Shovelhead. Im planning on either selling the Shovel and buying a Goldwing or trading straight across. Im betting the Shovel is worth between 6,000 and 8,000 dollars. My question is what do I need to look for in a Goldwing and what do I need to look out for. What years are the most reliable and upgradeable? Thanks for any tips.
voodoo

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Welcome to what I feel is the best motorcycle made. I love them all just love some more than others :D. You have entered a world that is a wealth of knowledge about the Honda Goldwing and motorcycles.
I recommend that you read http://www.goldwingfacts.com/ Also sit back and watch the recommendations flood in. I think you will have no problems finding a great 1500 for your price range. You could possibly find a really sweet deal on an 1800. I have had the 1200 and now have the 1800. The 1200 is a sweet ride but I LOVE the 1800. I have never owned a 1500 but have ridden one a couple of times. Good Luck and once you find a suitable steed send pics!
Again welcome and ride safe which ever bike you choose.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome, IMHO with the budjet you have to work with you shouldnt have any problem finding a nice trouble free Wing. but good luck trying to get a Wing owner to trade for a HD. once you ride one you will know what I am saying is true.
Good Luck on your quest post pictures of your finds before you buy and everyone here I am sure will pipe in and offer up many suggestions.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , someone will answer your questions just not me , I'm partial to the 1800

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would suggest finding all the Wings that you are willing to travel to that are in your budget range, post links to those Wings and I am sure we will do our very best
to steer you into a Wing that you will love to own.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome voodoolord. Shovelheads are very cool and fun, but Wings are a whole different kind of ride. Ditto on what's been said on the models for you to consider, but the truth is in the personal test. Sit on (and if possible ride) as many as you can then make your decision.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Welcome from VA & good luck on your decision.....I'm like Gordo, I prefer the GL1800.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. I have an 1800 and enjoy it, but I have no experience with any others. Friends of mine really like their 1500's and swear by them.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello voodoolord, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF
Given your price range I'm thinking your probably looking at a 1500, nothing wrong with them in fact I love mine but the reality is that it will be tough to find an 1800 for 6,000-8,000.

You can probably find a nice low mileage 1500 for that price range though.

Good luck on your search

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You can find some good deals on GL1500's out there.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Indiana. I ride a 1500 and LOVE it. Only drawback is 1500 parts I think are costly but love the ride. Best of luck, just keep looking around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.