Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my 03 GL1800 ABS after 20 years away from riding (had to wait for the kids to grow up). Loving every minute and look forward to every weekend to get out for a ride. Planning a week long trip next year and thinking about getting a trailer for the rest of the wife's things (I get one saddlebag for mine). Not sure of what features to look for and would appreciate any pointers and advice. I'd hate to spend the bucks only to find the problems afterward.

MG55 in Seattle.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello mg55, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
mg55,

welcome to gwof from NC.

There are many choices available from $500 to $5000.

Most of the difference is cosmetic and or quality. So it is hard to give advise as we don't know your tastes or budget.

I can tell you that I bought a trailer that came from here.
http://www.piggybacker.com/Piggybacker/PiggyBacker_Cargo_Trailer.html

I added some lights and a spoiler brake light to give it more visibility.
As for the functionality, it pulls great. no side to side movement or losing lug nuts.
I bought it on CL, the original owner never put it on the road and I got it for almost half price.

It isn't a work of art but it works very well and the wife is happy. So here is one end of the spectrum. Others will show you the rest.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I've never towed a trailer. I can't even back up a lawn tractor with a dump cart on it, so it's best I stay away from trailers. Other on the forum have trailers and I'm sure they will offer some advice.

Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Recently got my 03 GL1800 ABS after 20 years away from riding (had to wait for the kids to grow up). Loving every minute and look forward to every weekend to get out for a ride. Planning a week long trip next year and thinking about getting a trailer for the rest of the wife's things (I get one saddlebag for mine). Not sure of what features to look for and would appreciate any pointers and advice. I'd hate to spend the bucks only to find the problems afterward.

MG55 in Seattle.
I thope you injoy your Wing.I pull a shadow i bought out of Oklahoma great for the money you can see it on my pics. i pull it everywhere loaded and i mean loaded, Deliverd to my house for $13 00 If you want more info E-mail [email protected] have fun Asa

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Alot of choices out there for trailers and some are big $$$. I bought mine from Harbor Freight, a no frills trailer but the right price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts