Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and fairly new to the GW. I have ridden bikes for years, mostly V-twins. Due to medical reasons, my wife and I started looking at trikes. Once she planted her back side on the GW, she knew what we had to get. Had an '05 Yellow GW triked and picked it up on the Saturday before Labor Day. LOVE IT!!! I am still adjusting to not really hearing my shift points, but I'm sure that will come with time. Not that I'm getting anywhere near the redline....

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Let me welcome you here my 3 wheeled friend.

I was not aware that there was a difference when they are triked. I guess I'm not in that loop. What exactly is different?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF hitime and congrats on the purchase of your new trike, enjoy and ride safe

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome hitime,glad to have you aboard. What brand of trike conversion did you get? My riding buddy has been looking at them for his 1800 and he likes the RoadSmith conversion, they have a longer wheelbase than most of the others. Ride safe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to be here.

fossil - the difference is that I've been riding V-twins, and it's pretty clear when you need to shift. The wing is so quiet, I have to keep an eye on the tach to find my shift point. I doubt that it is any different before the trike kit is added.

Matt - I got the Motor Trike Spyder fastback. I liked the installer, and that sealed the deal. Having a good installer within reach was the most important factor for me. I didn't ride any other kits, but am very well satisfied with what I have.

Y'all ride safe. Roll Tide!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts