Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Goldwing, a 1993 Aspencade that has 36k and purchased for $3500.00 The guy was getting divorced so I think I got a good deal. He said it was sitting in his garage for over a year. No obvious problems, I think he just needed fast cash. It's at the shop getting all new fluids and inspected. Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with that year or any other concerns. Thanks. Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to the forums

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Call the police, you stole it! :eek:

Welcome to the forum, the only thing to watch is the alternator.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

Ride that bike like you stole it..... wait, you did! Calling 911 now.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello winger159, welcome toGWOF. congrats on the stealing of your new wing:) i also ride a '93 but its an se and you got a very good deal

·
Registered
119 Posts
You got a great deal & a great bike. Having it all checked out is a wise thing to do. So is taking an ERC or even the basic MSF course - even if you are an experienced rider. At the very least, practice your emergency stops.

I just joined GWRRA. It makes sense to me to hang out with a bunch of wingnuts like myself. This forum is great for that too. WELCOME!

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Only issues I know of are if you have a lot of extra lights you may need a stronger alternator and sometimes the bank angle sensor can go bad. Not really any major problems with your year Wing.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum from Down Under. Eric

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome Winger there are alot of Pa. members on this site. Congrats on your Wing purchase.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along, ditto on pretty much what everyone above has said. Well, except for Larry's 900 post thing:D Nothing real big happens before 2k and then there's the secret society, blood initiation, virgin sacrifice and em, oops, too much info:eek:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Welcome along, ditto on pretty much what everyone above has said. Well, except for Larry's 900 post thing:D Nothing real big happens before 2k and then there's the secret society, blood initiation, virgin sacrifice and em, oops, too much info:eek:
So many posts to read.... so little time. So much to learn. I hopefully will be able to survive and thrive to the point where my opinion will be granted "fact status" rather than mere newbie jive.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Cinder State, Texas.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
OK where to start?

1st Welcome to the GWOF - Keystoners Rock! Good bunch of people here. Have to agree with everyone you got a great deal, Enjoy

As far as Larry's comments if anyone under 900 should be questioned than anyone over should really not be paid any attention to present company included.:D
With all due repect to my Superior (Congrats Budoka) I guess I was drunk when the initiation happened cause I surely have no lasting impression of that evening. Except maybe the Tattoo of the Bald Eagle clutching the mouse......Oh never mind.

Believe me Larry & I speak from experiance you'll never reach Fact Status. It's all nonsense everyone of us. Well maybe except Chopin114. He's the guy that is really squared away.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts