Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Pete, I live in the Tampa Bay area.
My wife and I are looking to get a Goldwing . Right now I have a Yamaha 650. Its my everyday ride and join the form to get help and info. before I get a Goldwing.
I was looking at a 08 wing its a 4 cyl. and wondering would this be enough bike for touring or should I just jump up to the 1800. I can't seem to find what the cc's are on the 4 cyl. I am not sure if I'll keep the 650 or not and I am not sure if the Goldwing would be a good run around town bike. I guess I am looking for opinions on this thank much
Pete

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Good morning Pete and love the name it's a great 1, if you can keep the 650 and get the wing do it. The 08 is a 6cyl 1800 cc and I love to ride it in town or any place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
08 Gold wing

The 08 I talking about is just listed on a dealers site its states that its a 4cyl. could this be a miss print? We are going to take a ride and look at it tomorrow . Its listed at 13,900 .would this be a fair price??
Pete

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello pete, welcome to GWOF. the last 4cyl wing was the '87 1200. if what you're looking at is n '08 it is an 1800 6cyl wing. post a pic of it or one like it if you can

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The price for an '08 is fair, if the mileage isn't ridiculous. And yes, Id say the engine size is a misprint.

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
Welcome Pete, or should I say "cead mile failte"? That's a fine looking GL1800 htere. I'd jump all over that puppy! Slainte!:D

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
That's quite a few miles, but not too many for a GoldWing. I'd give them an offer of $14,500 out the door.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from looking at the bike. I like it a lot going to sleep on it tonight and discuss it with my wife . She is in love with the rear seat that is all she cares about.There is a little rust in the corners of the chrome nothing that steel wool and cleaner couldn't take care of. Also the sales man didn't know if they had the owners manual or not.I am thinking that the mileage isn't a big deal, these bikes are made for it I believe. Thanks all for the advice will probably need more after I buy it.
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
She's just getting broken in....looks like a great deal, Ask for documentation on all the servicing that's been done. Good luck & welcome!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. 2008 Goldwings are 6 cyls like others have said. Price sounds very good. I think your going to like your new ride.....

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
She's just getting broken in....looks like a great deal, Ask for documentation on all the servicing that's been done. Good luck & welcome!

Mark
Like Mark has said Wings are made for hundreds of Ks and if the wife is happy when she rides you will be a happy man also and just think of the places you both will go just ask Eric.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
08 Gold wing

I offered 14,500 tax and title included. We settled for 14,900 Tax title dealer fees that if I paid 13,995 for would be 15,300 out the door so I got it for a around 13,500 as base price. Hope I that is understandable . My wife is the money person in the family so she handle that end of things.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,308 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking! You got a good deal. Now get out and ride, you'll have trouble removing the :D !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.