Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new here but have wanted a Gold Wing for ever. In early 2009 I lost my job and ended up out to 2 and 1/2 years. During that time I had to sell my 1971 BMW R75 but was able to keep my 2002 250 Reflex. Finally went back to work last July- for a lot less but at
least we don't have to struggle so much any longer. Saturday I went to the Honda shop and found a 1990 white SE with 33 thousand miles. Its in really nice shape with a great price and they are giving me a good trade on the Reflex.
It's really decked out too. Can't wait until Tuesday to pick it up. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Good for you & welcome to the GWOF. Post some pictures of the ride after you pick it up.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, and join the :D crowd of wingers.
Where are you located.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello nohandles, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new goldwing

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.
Ride safe and enjoy.
Post some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Congrats on the job & your new Wing. Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
8,359 Posts
Hi Nohandles! Glad to hear that you're back on two wheels!

I took a 5-year break, myself, after barely missing the hind end of a 12-14 pt. buck while heading out of Hayward, WI. Where I live, when the wildlife is out to get you, it's time to take a break!

Glad to hear that you have survived your "desert experience." They are tough, but man does it feel good when they are over! And now you can celebrate your endurance with a Wing! Given their endurance, that seems fitting.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Howdy Nohandles from East Texas. Sounds like you got a real cream puff there as I love my GL 1500 too. You will be most impressed with the refinement of this bike as it is smooth and quiet. If you liked your Beemer you'll love the 1500. There's quite a few of us who ride the 1500 here as you'll be in good company.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Enjoy your new Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Glad you are back to work. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Welcome to the site no handles. Post some pics when you're able;)

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
A warm welcome from Texas, nohandles. Congratulations on landing the new job and the Wing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all your your warm welcome. I'm going to finalize everything tomorrow and pick her up Wednesday. Can't wait. I have wanted one for ever like I said. My wife has Fibro Mialiga and I think she will do well on that big heated seat. I went today for another look just to make sure and its really in nice shape. I love detailing but it doesn't need much. New everything too plus just the right amount of ginger bread. Pic's soon. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Hang on a minute, I want to get in here with a big welcome to GWOF from Down Under. Enjoy that bike and may your wife lift her spirits with the joy of being out and about. Eric

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She comes home Thursday- little nervous though I haven't ridden a bike this big since I was 17. My Father an I collected old motorcycles from the time I was 11 until I was 23. We had 37 at the time we quit.
I went out today and looked it over one more time before everything is finalized. It is immaculate. There isn't one scratch on it. The only thing that need attention is some chrome around the front finder and a little paint on the rotor guards on the front wheel. Its is also well accessorized too. Everything extra accept for a lot of extra lights which I like. Thursday..... so long but I can do it. Wish me luck on my second ride.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
OK Nohandles, you got 3 posts, now you are member of the crew, we need to know where you live so we can stop by for coffee.:D
Just State an area is fine.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK Nohandles, you got 3 posts, now you are member of the crew, we need to know where you live so we can stop by for coffee.:D
Just State an area is fine.:rolleyes:
Done my friend stop by any time I used to ride a R75 so hospitality it high on the priority now that I have a real bike again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts