Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I'm a harley rider but now I want a Goldwing so I can actually ride some miles not just 70 or 80. I'm keeping my current ride (90 fxr) and I found this one on craigslist. Lemme know what you guys think and what to look out for with the fuel injection system and any other quirks? http://lasalle.craigslist.org/bar/3154135418.html Is there anything you can see from the pics that an untrained eye like mine might miss?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , nice looking wing there

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello fury, welcome to GWOF. 1200 wings carbed or injected are nice bikes but getting older and if i were you i would take a look at some 1500 aspencades or 1500 se wings

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, good luck on your search.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read the Goldwing buyers checklist before but I was just wondering if there any particular problems with this model to look out for? Thanks for the replys

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
The fuel injected model parts will be fun to find, not many were made.
If you want to head out to Washington state a member here is selling a GL1500 for what you'd pay for a 1200.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi and welcome, I can't tell you much about the Wing on CL however it looks like a good start to get your feet wet. What will you have to give up to get this Wing? I see it is a barter only transaction? I love to barter, I have met many nice folks bartering but you got to watch out for someone pawning of their junk. So with this in mind along a good inspection should keep you out of trouble. How long has the current owner had the Wing? That may tell you if you should stay away from this Wing. From the pictures it looks nice enough but try to avoid starting off upside down on your trade? I had a 83 venture that I had to bail because of the amount of work that was waiting for me under the Tupperware.good luck I am sure I haven't said anything you didn't already know , but I hope it helped some.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wouldn't tell you what to do but don't let the little kid in you out until you check the bike over good. Once you own it let him rip.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Heck post your box on this forum for Barter and see what happens. You just never know what might bite. Heck we take cash too.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state..

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a blast on that bike. When I could get it started.:D

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Why not trot over to your local Honda Goldwing dealer and ask one of the mechanics if he would like to make $50 or $75 after work. Then tell him you would like him to ride over there with you where the bike is and do an inspection. He, more than likely will take you up on it and afterwards you can buy him a beer or two and guess what....If you buy the bike you will have a friend in the repair department. Won't cost you that much and will in the end give you peace of mind. And by the way, welcome to the forum from the rain starved but high temperature laden central Texas region....:D Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
The only thing I'm wondering is the stator repair. You need to check if it was hard wired (soldered and insulated/shrink wrapped). Timing belts may need changing too. Do your due dilligence before taking th eplunge, just like any used machine. What model FXR have you got?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF...

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. Good luck on your quest.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF! Nice looking Classic Wing, but then I'm biased (see my avatar)!

There's how they look and then there's how they run and have been maintained. If solid on both scores then it's a winner!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.