Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

A couple years back, I traded in my 1995 Kawasaki Voyager for a 2005 Suzuki C90. Loved the Suzuki for its reliability... never let me down while I owned it, unlike the Voyager which seemed to always need its carb's cleaned or sync'd or the like. But, on a recent vacation to the beautiful Black Hills of SD, I decided that I was just really missing all the features of a touring bike... smooth ride, cruise control, stereo. Plus, I just needed a new crown installed on one of my molars, which I believe I can definitely trace to all the rattling I endured while riding that v-twin! :eek:

So, I pulled the trigger on a 2005 GL1800 with only 12K miles on it. Unfortunately, the tires were so wore, I needed to get it to the shop for new rubber before I could get it home, so I'm still waiting to spend some time in the saddle.

The new bike is definitely a base model, which I am kinda excited about. I can now add extra stuff that I think is worthwhile, so I'll probably be coming around asking opinions on this or that.

happy trails!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, hotdogthemovie. My ride is an '05 as well--traded in an '06 VTX 1300R for it two years ago and absolutely love it. Handles great, comfortable, and absolutely reliable. Where do you call home base?

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, HD. Ask away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum, hotdogthemovie. My ride is an '05 as well--traded in an '06 VTX 1300R for it two years ago and absolutely love it. Handles great, comfortable, and absolutely reliable. Where do you call home base?
Home is the town of Ethan, SD... population of about 320. We really consider ourselves a suburb of the big city, Mitchell... home of the world's only Corn Palace, don't ya know!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Washington.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North (Ontario Canada). If you are ever up this way check out the latest in Igloos we have here!..:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Oklahoma!

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
We really consider ourselves a suburb of the big city, Mitchell... home of the world's only Corn Palace, don't ya know!
Gotta love the Corn Palace. I remember when we went across country & I posted a picture of the Corn Palace on here, My buddy Chopin114 asked was it something to do with Russian heritage?

I think his actual quote was "What's the deal with that Corn Palace?"

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Nice folks and good info on here. Ride safe and enjoy the site..:)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello hotdog, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Western Canada hotdogthemovie, sorta figured you for a CO or ID resident from your screen name, but hey, no worries! Don't let Bladerunner feed you anything about our dog teams in the winter:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts