Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a 2006 1800gl with Navi, ABS and sound system. I am very happy as it is a lifetime dream to own this bike.
It came with Kuri. highway pegs mounted to the engine crash bar. On my first effort to split traffic I knocked off my left highway peg.
Yeah...not my proudest moment. After sitting in my garage for 30 minutes re-living the embarrassing incident I have decided to try to forget it; yeah my wife isn't letting that happen. Anyway...... Does anyone know how to buy one (1) Kuri highway peg? Left side.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Welcome to the site, You might try Ebay,But buying just one might be hard. Good luck I hope you find one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a 2006 1800gl with Navi, ABS and sound system. I am very happy as it is a lifetime dream to own this bike.
It came with Kuri. highway pegs mounted to the engine crash bar. On my first effort to split traffic I knocked off my left highway peg.
Yeah...not my proudest moment. After sitting in my garage for 30 minutes re-living the embarrassing incident I have decided to try to forget it; yeah my wife isn't letting that happen. Anyway...... Does anyone know how to buy one (1) Kuri highway peg? Left side.

Any help is appreciated.
They the guys at Totally Wings Inc. they do a lot of insurance rebuilds 562-861-4268 they might have your part --they are also a kur. dealer
Cant hurt! and they are not that far from you

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF gene-ooo, i got an engine case guard off ebay because it came with the left highwayboard that a friend knocked off my 1200 wing

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the board from Keystonew state, the other side of the lower 48, and congrats on your dream come true. You might try contacting Kuryakn directly. They may be able to help. I've heard of folks damaging their pegs and getting replacement parts from them. Ride safe and stay away from "splitting traffic"...

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
gene-oooo,

Welcome from another Pa guy. I thought us easterners were agressive "splitting traffic". What's with you guys in Cali, aren't you the ones that are supposed to be mellow?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gene-oooo,

Welcome from another Pa guy. I thought us easterners were agressive "splitting traffic". What's with you guys in Cali, aren't you the ones that are supposed to be mellow?:rolleyes:
I have a VTX and traffic splitting is easy with her... I only split at red lights. I don't split when traffic is moving. I value my time here too much to split when traffic moves.
But anyway.... maybe I'll leave the splitting to my VTX as she is narrower.
Thanks to all for the kind words and information.
:):)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome gene-oooo to the forum, and good luck replacing the hwy peg

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Hello and welcome from VA! Ride safe & often!

Mark

·
Banned
578 Posts
I recently broke one passenger arm rest of Kury, I sent them an email and they sent a "part number" where by I could buy the single arm rest. Still $150 but better than the set.

Welcome. I have a 2006 GL1800, Navi - live somewhat nearby in Woodland Hills.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome from Sac. Hey, when I first got my Wing I didn't think I would ever split traffic on the pig; it's pretty wide, especially w/pegs! But after awhile you get comfortable. Just takes time. Keep getting acquainted with it.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF! Congratulations on fulfilling your Wing dream!

Appreciate the Edmund Burke quote in your signature!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome, and yes Kuryakin has excellent customer service. 866 277 9598

·
Banned
578 Posts
Welcome, and yes Kuryakin has excellent customer service. 866 277 9598
I would characterise their customer service as marginal - at best. For want of a plate that probably has a made-in china manufacturing cost of $2, I need to spend $150. It amounts to extortion, nothing less. Their employees get paid rain or shine and could not care less about your problems. That is my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts