Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys! I am new to the site and have a rider for about 12 years, but not too much in the past 2/3 years. I have had a GW for 11 1/2 of those years. 85 Aspencade, 93 1500, and have had a 95 GL for a while. I am in Shelby, NC abt 40 miles west from Charlotte. I am a ham radio operator since 1977 (w4dja), fly remote control airplanes, fool with film and digital cameras and like older (& new) Chrysler products. 1960 Plymouth Fury 2 dr HT is my favorite. I used to belong to all the GW associations, clubs, attended the Wings over the Smokies for years.

Perhaps being a part of this site will rekindle my interest in riding once I cure my neutral starting problem. I will enjoy being with u guys!
Dave in NC

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Welcome and greetings from Florida.
The Goldwing Bug will get you here and you'll want another one.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome new guy from Winston Salem, NC.

You are just a little south of some great rides that I enjoy.
We will definitely have to set up a time a place to meet and ride next spring. First cup of joe is on me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spring Ride

Sounds like fun. Years ago (7or8) I started a group called " the Serious Sunday Riders"(SSR). We would leave from a designated spot in Shelby at 9 am and ride 2 to 300 miles, more at times. Had lots of fun. A couple years ago I was having my 95 GL inspected and I located my previous year inspection report. The mechanic asked if I knew if I had any idea how many miles I had ridden in the previous 12 months and he said 1500 miles. I told him I used to ride that much or more in a month when we SSR we were riding. Looking forward to meeting you.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello dave, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from St Pauls :)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. If you update your location on your profile it will show up so we will remember where you are from. Can't speak for others, but I have a good memory, it's just short. Glad you found us and you get back to riding soon. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard. Used to be a die hard mopar man meself. Brother had a 66 Charger 383 4sp in silver with red interior, and I had a 69 Dart GTS 340 aqua with white int. Quick little beast, clocked a 14.1 @ 106 mph at Speedway in Edmonton. Cost me though, I trialed in at 14.2 and broke out of my bracket. Get your Wing bug back, you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Greetings from KY! :D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Welcome Dave... hello from Miami. I find your 'hobbies' very interesting. In particular the planes and the radio have always peaked my interest but I've never pursured either.

Donald

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Guys! I am new to the site and have a rider for about 12 years, but not too much in the past 2/3 years. I have had a GW for 11 1/2 of those years. 85 Aspencade, 93 1500, and have had a 95 GL for a while. I am in Shelby, NC abt 40 miles west from Charlotte. I am a ham radio operator since 1977 (w4dja), fly remote control airplanes, fool with film and digital cameras and like older (& new) Chrysler products. 1960 Plymouth Fury 2 dr HT is my favorite. Looking to be 71 yrs old in a few months. I used to belong to all the GW associations, clubs, attended the Wings over the Smokies for years.

Perhaps being a part of this site will rekindle my interest in riding once I cure my neutral starting problem. I will enjoy being with u guys!
Dave in NC

Welcome to the site fellow Tar Heel. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
welcome from one new bee to another. this should be a great place to chat and find new friends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts