Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all from Central IL. Have a 99 SE and an 03 Shadow 750 A.C.E. Weather has only allowed a few short rides this winter but hopefully get back to at least riding to work soon. Have a slight problem with the GW hoping someone can point me in the right direction. It won't start if I am holding the starter button down. When I release the starter button, then it will start. This is not a problem when it is warm but during the cold weather makes me wonder if I am going to have to walk. I have had this problem with some of the older cars with points and was a pretty easy fix but this is a different ignition system. Anyway, thanks, I enjoy reading the posts and hopefully will be back in the saddle soon.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
How old is your battery, sounds to me like the battery is on it's way out.

And welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello ralph, welcome to GWOF. sounds like the starter button isn't making good contact when its fully depressed, try cleaning the button

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Howdy & welcome from VA.

Mark

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thanks all. Ron, you may be on to something. I got to take about a 20 mile ride before the rain today. Stopped at McD's for a sweet tea and the bike I think started before I got to turn loose of the button. I don't know how old the battery is but I know its over a year old. Will do some more experimenting with it.
Welcome from California. Year old? Just a baby! Should have lots of life left in it. I lean more towards the bad contact theory.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome from PA.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.