·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Howdy (if your from the south)

Hi Yall, (my GF is from Texas)
Unfortunately not a mc rider

I live in St. Augustine Fl. (reportedly the oldest city (est. 1565)
and I am the newest Gold wing rider in town.

Well kinda, Purchased the bike in Iowa and have yet to pick it up.
any volunteers?

Thanks to all that post with valuable info for us new guys.
Really helps flatten out the learning curve.

BobinSGJ

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to a great forum where you will learn some valuable tips and tricks on your new snow bound Wing in Iowa. Good luck and safe rides.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Gday mate from Down Under. Welcome to the forum. Eric

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from Illinois just over the creek from Iowa, where in Ia. is your wing?

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Hope you get her soon. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Welcome. Got both my Wings in Iowa. Picked up the Interstate right after Christmas, just before the snow storms hit. It's hard to get one and have to wait to ride. :(

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello rjmelehan, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome friend.
I love visiting St. Augustine. I went through the old fort, town and light house last October while at Biketoberfest.
Hope to ride up from Daytona Beach again during Bikeweek this March and finish what I missed. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to All

Welcome from Illinois just over the creek from Iowa, where in Ia. is your wing?
Thanks guys for the kind words and warm welcome.
I have been glued to this web site pouring over the
past 6 weeks trying to learn everything I can.

Even saw a video clip of of a guy "intentionally" lay his bike on its side to change a tire. ! What about the tupperware ? I cringed.
No pillows no blankets, no one to give CPR...

Bought the bike at Mason City Honda, Mason City, IA

I was very impressed by all the folks there. It was exactly like they represented it to be. Very personable. I would hope that if your in the market and live within range...See these guys.

20 plus years ago I had a 1500 Wing for a very short while. Had to sell due to a divorce. What a smooth ride that was. This time around I could not afford to buy new.

The bike is 2008 with 20,000 miles. The prior owner installed a fair number of options, all of which I am sure I will enjoy, highway pegs, back rest, fork brace, lower lights, baker wings, bar risers.

Thanks again for the help.\

BobinSGJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. I'm from the city of the oldest profession........... Politics.
Chopin,

Used to work out of Dulles Airport, lived in Centerville for a while.
While on reserve for a commuter airline I rode for days at a time out the hills just west of Centerville VA. Beautiful country.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
This time around I could not afford to buy new.

The bike is 2008 with 20,000 miles. The prior owner installed a fair number of options, all of which I am sure I will enjoy, highway pegs, back rest, fork brace, lower lights, baker wings, bar risers.

Thanks again for the help.\

BobinSGJ
I have an '08 with almost 20,000 miles on her and she's not old. You got some nice options already. I only have three of the six you mentioned. I'm going for the bar risers next. I want them up 1 in. and back 1 in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome. Got both my Wings in Iowa. Picked up the Interstate right after Christmas, just before the snow storms hit. It's hard to get one and have to wait to ride. :(
Pete,

You are exactly right. Between work schedules and watching the weather, its hard to know when to launch. I don't want to trust a shipper for fear they will damage it and I don't want to drive my truck the 2700 miles round trip. That would take a lot of time and at 3.50 a gallon for diesel, a lot of $. So I'll have to wait for a break in the weather and my work schedule.

BobinSGJ

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome. We will be down your way on our Wing later this month. Going to be at Sawgrass for a couple of days. Anything you recommend we don't miss... You know, touristy-wise....

Hi All,

Howdy (if your from the south)

Hi Yall, (my GF is from Texas)
Unfortunately not a mc rider

I live in St. Augustine Fl. (reportedly the oldest city (est. 1565)
and I am the newest Gold wing rider in town.

Well kinda, Purchased the bike in Iowa and have yet to pick it up.
any volunteers?

Thanks to all that post with valuable info for us new guys.
Really helps flatten out the learning curve.

BobinSGJ

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome aboard from the left coast. I visit St.Augustine as often as I can, used to be my place of choice to recharge the batteries during college and later I moved to Palm Coast. See you first week of March as I am again heading for my beer soup at the Cuban restaurant on the corner....

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Tar Heel state. Nice town you live in, I stay there bout eveytime I go to Daytona for bike week. Nice 50 mile ride each way :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts