Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Goldwing
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this group but not new to bikes. Started with a Honda CT70 as a kid, a Rebel 250 when I first started riding on the street back in 2008, then an '02 Shadow VLX 600, then a '90 Goldwing and now an '01 Goldwing. I still have the CT70 after 45+ years too! My current Wing was bought 4 weeks ago, I've already put on 1200 miles primarily commuting to work. Winter is fast approaching so it won't be long before riding will have to be put on hold until the Spring, so around June or July here in Indiana! My bike had just under 80K on it, I'm the 3rd owner and the previous two have taken great care if it over the years. I'm looking forward to continuing that tradition.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum, neighbor.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Make sure the frame and brake recalls have been done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Howdy from the Great North of Minnesota!
Seasons are short around here too.
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi and welcome from central Michigan! My brother lives down that way in LaPorte.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Registered
2001 Goldwing
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silver Surfer - LaPorte is almost next door, I live in Valpo and work in Michigan City!

NREMTP - where in IL? We moved from Lansing, IL about 7 years ago.

Cantankerous - I did run the VIN and nothing came up, hoping they were all done. I did some reading on the welds, all mine seem to look correct. Will see if I can verify the brake recall.

Everyone else - thanks for the welcomes!

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Silver Surfer - LaPorte is almost next door, I live in Valpo and work in Michigan City!

NREMTP - where in IL? We moved from Lansing, IL about 7 years ago.

Cantankerous - I did run the VIN and nothing came up, hoping they were all done. I did some reading on the welds, all mine seem to look correct. Will see if I can verify the brake recall.

Everyone else - thanks for the welcomes!
We live close to where I80 and I55 cross, about 45 miles southwest of Chicago.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Hello and welcome to the gang from Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.
IMGP4890 (2).JPG

Reactions: Silver-Surfer

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Welcome to the group.from beautiful downtown Goshen. I hope to see you around the area.
Hey Maynard! You ever stop by Janus Motorcycles in Goshen? I took a tour and test ride a few years ago. I love the look of their Halcyon model. If it just had a bit bigger displacement engine there would be one in my driveway. Or maybe I needed a longer test ride to be sure it fit. I was just getting used to it when the ride ended.
2017 08 26 Outback & Back 15 test ride, Janus Motorcycles, Goshen, IN (2).JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Maynard! You ever stop by Janus Motorcycles in Goshen? I took a tour and test ride a few years ago. I love the look of their Halcyon model. If it just had a bit bigger displacement engine there would be one in my driveway. Or maybe I needed a longer test ride to be sure it fit. I was just getting used to it when the ride ended.
View attachment 274071
Yes, I've been down to see their show room several times. I have lived here my whole life. I first saw one of their bikes about 3years ago. They have grown enough that they pushed out the micro brewery in the front of the building. I like their product, but I wish they used a real Honda engine instead of the Chinese clone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome to the group. I'm in Munster, IN. Happily retired after 41 yrs with Nipsco.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome from Chocolate town Pa and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

1 - 17 of 17 Posts